𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

Song - Walked in - Mariah the Scientist

"𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐨𝐬." Yuri softly says through the phone. Arguing with her baby daddy everytime he sees her happy is getting very tiring.

Between taking care of her son and arguing with his father, her mental health is worsening. Not to say she doesn't love her son but he is seven and he wants to do everything. Baseball, Basketball, Football, and Track. But she does it all by herself because her baby daddy refuses to pay child support.

"Look Carlos, you live in a whole different state, we can't always try to get back together knowing it's only hurting everyone involved let it go." She murmured and hung up.

•𝟕:𝟑𝟗• The clock on her nightstand read. She had just put her son down and tucked him in when she got the call.

She cannot even fathom how she had a son with Carlos. She knew he didn't want kids, he basically bragged about it when they were first dating. But all it takes is tequila shots and not taking your birth control the morning after and now they have a son.

He said he would be a good father but he really wasn't. He was never there when Ramiro was a baby but she thought that since Ramiro couldn't remember it wouldn't matter and that he would be there later on in his life. That was also a delusion that convinced herself of many times.

When Ramiro got older and he still wasn't coming around she realized just how much of an impact Carlos not being there had on him. During games he would look up and never see his father making him sad for the rest of the game but he always knew he had his mother.

Ramiro started to deny anything his mother said about his father because he knew he couldn't keep his promises. He never believed he was coming to his games anymore. Nothing. But Carlos still didn't change despite knowing this.

Yuri couldn't fathom why Carlos wouldn't want to be there for his son but she knew he wouldn't change yet she still tried.

As soon has her head hit the pillow to think about everything she was asleep.

                                     

"𝐌𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐲!" Yuri was awoken by her son jumping on her bed. She immediately tackled him onto the bed. His laugh made her smile so much. She doesn't know why Carlos would want to miss out on any of this.

"Hi my little monkey! You have school today? why aren't you dressed?" Yuri asked. She knew her son could get himself ready and he didn't have to shower yet he was still in his pajamas.

"You didn't pick out my clothes last night mommy!" He declared. She remembered she didn't. She grabbed him by his hand to and walked to his room so they could pick out his uniform. Lucky for her he goes to private school. So there isn't much variety.