Prologue

Prologue.
IN 1558 THE EMPEROR OF ROME WAS STABBED TO DEATH OUTSIDE THE SENATE. A YEAR LATER, EVENTHOUGH HIS DAUGHTER WAS THE NEW EMPRESS, ROME STANDS ON THE BRINK OF CIVIL WAR. BETWEEN THOSE WHO WANT TO RESTORE POWER TO THE PEOPLE AND THOSE WHO WANT IT FOR THEMSELVES. EVERYTHING IS ABOUT TO CHANGE. FOR EVERYONE.

1559

France

,,Our land needs someone stronger then Elizabeth, but gentler then Mary, a monach who can intimidate the high lords and inspire the people, a ruler loved by millions, with a powerful army and the right family name" the Queen mother of France says as she walks the dirty dungeon up and down, in where she is kept as a prisoner, by her own son, King Francis.

A smirk appears on the face of prince Charles as he hears his mothers words, he leans back on his ellbows to have a better view at his mother ,,Well good luck finding him".

Catherine de Medici turns around, slightly leaning down towards her son, her voice dropping into a whisper as she carefully speaks out her next words ,,Who said anything about him".

,,About who are we talking then" Charles asks as she stares up at his mother.

Catherine smiles down at her son ,,Empress Livia of Rome" she answers, her voice barely above a whisper, to make sure that nobody except for Charles knows about her plan.

,,The golden girl of the Claudii" Charles asks in disbelief ,,Your wife to be" Catherine interrupts him. ,,My what" the prince calls out, quickly raising to his feets ,,I do not intend to marry, when the time comes I wish to marry someone my age".

,,She is your age, Charles, only a few months younger and if Francis should die without an heir, you'll be forced to marry someone anyway, just imagine it, you'll be the King of France and the Emperor of Rome".

The dauphin of france just glares at his mother, not sure if he likes this idea, not even sure what to think about this Livia of Rome.

,,You will tell Francis that you want to marry Livia, he'll sent the letter and you will go to Rome, where you will marry the empress and where you will live until Francis dies".

,,But mother ..." Charles tries, only to hear her say that there's no other way.