Chapter 6- Welcome to the Games.

*beep beep*. My alarm clock woke me the next morning at 7am sharp and then it struck me, today was the day, this day could be my last, but I'm going to try and make sure it's not! I jumped out of bed and saw my outfit draped over the desk chair, a pair of black trousers with endless pockets, a plain black t-shirt and a fleece in yet again black with the number 8 was stitched in in gold thread. I put the outfit on and attached the mocking jay pin to the fleece just under the 8 and swept my hair into a high ponytail, took a glance in the mirror and tucked a stray hair behind my ear and walked down the stairs to the dining room for breakfast.
"Hi Willow!" Aoife exclaimed, "I know you probably don't feel like eating as you're pretty nervous." Yeah maybe because in a few hours I could be dead.... I thought but she was just trying to be optimistic.
I ate as much as I could as I probably wouldn't be getting much or any food for a while.
"Ok Willow, it's time to go." Bobby told me in a sullen voice. He lead Peter and I into a sort of hovercraft and we were all strapped in like a roller coaster. I was beside Rowan and she looked at me with her big blue eyes which were full of tears and I could tell that she was really worried. Men in big, silver, metal suits came round with big needles and I could see Arrianne squirming in her seat, she obviously didn't like needles. One of them came round to me.
"What is it?" I asked him,
"Your tracking device, so we know where you are at all times." He replied in a low gruff voice.
Peter squirmed as well, of course he was scared.
As the hovercraft landed we were all lead off into separate rooms. Bobby thankfully was in mine, Aiofe must have got the blubbing Peter.
"Just do your best Willow, I know you can go it!" Bobby said encouragingly and could swear I saw tear in his eyes but the silence was broken by Rupert's voice on the loud speaker, "Could all tributes please get into the glass tubes.
So this was it I climbed in and Bobby wished me luck as the circular glass doors slid closed. So this was it....

I saw daylight above me and at last the arena came into view, it looked like a little town, nothing special, an apartment block, some houses and a park. There was also a large sort of dolls house that contained all the weapons and survival packs.
The glass around me slid down but Peter seemed to be having troubles, his leg was caught in the glass wall. The gamekeepers must have noticed and Rupert's voice came up again on the loudspeaker. "Umm sorry but can we just pause the games a sec, we seem to be having some, uh, technical difficulties..."
Some men in reflective jackets came out and sorted Peter out. When they were finished and Peter was happy they ran off singing, "Auto Glass repair, auto glass replace!"

"Ok everyone we shall count down from ten and should the odds be ever in your favour."
And manovered myself so that I pointed in the direction of the doll house and got ready to run. Then I thought, "Wait is it on the 1 or after the 1?!?
3,2,1.
Someone ran on the one and got blown up, "ok after the one."
"GO!!"
I took a big breath and just ran towards the doll house and I saw the other three together, we signalled to meet in the butchers to the left. I saw a blue pack and bow and arrow I ran faster, I saw a ginger ninja to my right, with her eyes on the same pack, I snatched up the pack and slung it over my shoulders and shot the redhead in her right leg with the bow. A cannon went off. Oh my god, I had just KILLED someone. It was distracting but I tried to to make it stop me on my mission! I ran towards the butchers passing Peter holding a sword the wrong way round and instead of killing the boy in front of him, he impaled himself, he slumped to the ground and blood started spilling out of his stomach and a cannon went off, well that was Peter gone...
I fell in the butchers and slammed and locked the door behind me and fell to the ground in a heap.

Sorry for the cliffhanger but meh. Shoutout to ma beffer Oystercatcher if your enjoying this you might want to check out her hunger games fanfic! I also started a random book if you want to give it a whirl!
Vote and comment if you are enjoying it!
The Duchess
Xxx.