4

Severus and Lucius watched as Tom led Nikolai out of the room and to the bedroom.

"Do you think they will be OK?" Severus asked his boyfriend who wrapped an arm around his waist and pulled him close.

"Severus, you have everything Nikolai needs. Tom will make sure he has, even if it means ending his own life. You have nothing to worry about," Lucius said, pulling Severus towards the floo.

Tom sat by Nikolai's bed as he watched him sleep. He can't believe he forgot his son. He figured whoever placed the spell to make him forget made it so that they had to look into the eyes of each other when he wasn't in his Voldemort form for it to be broken. Because he and the younger had made eye contact many times when he was Voldemort.

It had been four hours since Nikolai took the potion and had been sleeping. He sighed and stood, he pulled the sheets higher over Nikolai and ran his hand through his hair before exiting the room.

He made his way down to his office and started dealing with paperwork. He spent hours down there before going up to the guest room.

He had given Nikolai his own seeing as it was the most protected room in the house. He took a quick shower before climbing into bed and picking up a book to read.

He knew he would be getting very little sleep tonight, as he often did most nights. But with nothing left for him to do, he was going to try.

He read for a few hours before he heard a loud howl outside in the garden and sighed. He ignored it, but it came again.

Sighing, he stood and made his way out to the balcony. He leaned over the rail and looked down to see a big wolf sitting below looking up at him with glowing yellow eyes.

"Can you not, I'm trying to sleep," He whispered to the wolf who tilted his head. He didn't want Nikolai to wake up, he needed the rest after the potions started taking their effects on him.

The wolf howled again, and Tom sighed, "Alright, give me a minute," he said, going back into his room and grabbing his robe; he wrapped it around himself.

The wolf appeared about four years ago. Tom was out walking in his garden. It was a full moon, and he had decided to take a night walk. He had sat on a bench close to the forest to take a break before heading back inside.

He had heard shuffling behind him and turned to see the giant Alpha wolf trying to sneak up on him. He glared at it, and the wolf growled, coming closer until Tom slapped its nose and yelled at it. The wolf had huffed and sat down by the bench before laying his head on Tom's lap. After rolling his eyes at the animal he petted it for a few hours before heading back into his manor. After that, the wolf came back almost every day since then. Blocking its scent and never shifting in front of Tom, so the dark lord had no idea who the wolf obsessed with him was. He has taken to calling him, Moon.

Tom made his way down the stairs and exited the house and went around to the back while rubbing his arms to keep warm. He looked around for Moon and spotted the wolf playing in the snow.

"Don't tell me you made me come out here to watch you play in the snow," Tom grumbled. The wolf paused before coming over and rubbing his head against Tom's.

"What is the matter with you?" Tom asked and the wolf huffed.

The wolf sat down and looked at Tom intensely. His yellow eyes stared into the man's red ones.

"I'll lay with you for a few minutes, but I can't stay too long," Tom said and the wolf went over to the corner of the garden next to the wall and lay down.

Sighing, Tom cast a warming charm on himself before going over and sitting next to Moon. The dark wolf curled itself around Tom who sighed and closed his eyes.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 690

Re-published: May 2, 2024, 5 am

When are you reading this?