19

It had been a week since the incident, Nikolai had woken up the same day and was rushed out as soon as Lucius came with the note from Severus.

Tom immediately dragged him out of there and back to the cottage. Since then, Nikolai had only seen his father and Moon; Ron and Draco were keeping watch at the school, so they hadn't been able to visit him. He spent most of his time sitting around in the living room or lying in bed since he was still a bit weak.

They discovered that Ginny's curse was a blood-draining cutting curse that made cuts appear while draining all the blood from the victim from the inside very painfully. The curse didn't fully affect him because of the protective ring Tom had given him. It hadn't stopped the curse because it was the kind of magic Tom rarely touched.

Nikolai was sitting in the library at the cottage on the window seat reading a book. He heard the door open and the sound of claws rattling against the floor. Seconds later, Moon rubbed against his arm, and Nikolai lifted his arm to rest it on the werewolf's head and scratched his ears. "Where is Tom?" he asked, and Moon stepped away before shifting.

"Tom went to see Lucius at Malfoy Manor," Skoll answered and Nikolai sighed.

"Can you help me go outside?" he asked the wolf, and Skoll narrowed his eyes at him. "Please, I'll sit in one place. I just need to get some fresh air," he said, but Skoll continued to stare at him.

"Tom doesn't want you going outside," Skoll said and turned to leave.

"I'll throw your ball for you," Nikolai sighed, and Skoll froze. Tom had gotten his mate-to-be a small dog throw ball toy that the wolf was obsessed with.

"Fine," The wolf huffed and Nikolai grinned as Skool helped him to stand from the window seat and helped him out of the cottage and into the garden.

They made it to one of the garden benches and Skoll helped him sit down on one before shift and looked at the ball in his hand.

Laughing, Nikolai threw the ball and watched as the wolf chased after it.

They continued for a few minutes before Nikolai heard footsteps coming up behind him and turned to see Severus coming towards him.

When the dark wizard realized Nikolai was looking at him, he paused before continuing towards him.

He stood at the edge of the bench not looking at the younger male.

"Severus, is everything alright? Did something happen at the school?" He asked, worried by the silence and the look on the man's face.

"Everything at the school is fine. Ms. Weasley has been arrested and is being held in the maximum security cells in the ministry's lower levels as there are a few other high-priority cases to be taken care of before hers. Dumbledore is trying to get her out, to be held at the school until then, but the ministries have refused," he told Nikolai, who nodded.

"I see, then what is bothering you?" He asked, and Severus sighed.

"I don't want to break up with Lucius," He said and Nikolai's eyes widened.

"What? Is someone threatening your relationship?" He asked, and Severus turned to him.

"I know that we are mates," He said, "Ron told us while you were hospitalized; I had to give blood to save you," He finished, and Nikolai looked away from him.

"I see," he said standing. "I think we should have this conversation with Lucius, as it does concern him," he said as he started to shuffle back towards the house.

"Why are you moving so slow?" Severus asked, following behind him.

"I'm still gaining my strength back," Nikolai told him and Severus frowned.

"I could apparate us if you wish," Severus suggested, and Nikolai nodded. Severus gently placed a hand on his shoulder and Nikolai felt the familiar pull of apparating before he stumbled forward and almost landed on his face before he was caught.

"Severus?" a familiar voice said. He looked up to see Lucius climbing out of a pool. His long blonde hair was wet and dripping, and his entire body was wet. Nikolai couldn't help but stare.

Lucius climbed out of the pool, and Nikolai's jaw dropped as he saw the man was only wearing tight boxers. Water dripped down the blonde's body, and Nikolai followed its trail to Lucius's six-pack and defined v.

"Oh Merlin," He heard Severus whimpering and humming in agreement. He could definitely see what Severus was attracted to.

"Nikolai? How are you feeling?" Lucius asked, and Nikolai's eyes moved up to meet stormy gray eyes.

"I...We...You...talk," Nikolai stuttered and Lucius frowned.

"Um, ok, let me put some clothes on first," Lucius said before grabbing a robe from the lawn chair and pulling it on before heading into the cottage to get dressed, followed by the two.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 798

Re-published: May 2, 2024, 12:30 pm

When are you reading this?