25

The three of them made their way back to the edge of town and into the small cafe.

A waiter led them to a booth, Lucius made Severus and Nikolai enter the booth before sitting on the other side of Nikolai.

"They have French fries; we can spill that," Lucius said as they looked over the menu.

A waiter came a few minutes later, "Hello, my name is Mani, and I'll be your waiter," He said, his eyes training on Nikolai as he spoke.

"What can I get for you?" He asked.

"I will have the chips with the hamburger and water," Lucius said.

"I'll have the same," Nikolas said.

"I'll just have chips," Severus said, and Lucius shot him a look. "Fine, I'll have a side of chicken strips as well and some water," he said.

The waiter wrote their orders with a nod.

"I'll have your orders right out," Mani said, winking at Nikolai who didn't notice as he was looking at Lucius.

Lucius glared at the waiter before turning to look back at Nikolai. Nikolai, on the other hand, was looking at the table in deep thought.

They sat quietly until the food arrived, which they ate while making light conversation.

"Are you ready to head back to the cottage?" Severus asked, and Lucius nodded.

"I am, just let me use the bathroom first," Nikolai said, and Severus slid out of the booth to let him out.

"You know, jealousy looks hot on you," Severus said, as Nikolai walked away. "Glaring holes in the waiter every time he looks this way," Severus teased and Lucius turned slightly red.

"He should know better," Lucius said. As Nikolai came back, they both stood, and Lucius placed the money on the table before exiting the restaurant.

They were halfway back to the cottage when Nikolai spoke. "So, Lucius wanted to tell me why you were glaring at the waiter so hard?" He asked, and Lucius stumbled over the rocky path.

"He was flirting with you," Severus said and Nikolai raised a brow.

"He was? I didn't notice that my mind was occupied with other things," He said as the cabin came into view.

"Other things like what?" Lucius asked.

"Other things like trying not to mess up in front of two of the most gorgeous people I know," he said as he climbed the front stairs and made his way to the porch swing.

Severus and Lucius made their way over to him sitting on either side. "Yes, well, one thing you will learn quickly is that our Lucius is very possessive," Severus smirked, and Lucius huffed.

"I am not; I just like to keep my things to myself," He said, and the two laughed.

"I don't mind being possessed by you," Severus returned and Nikolai laughed.

"I'm sure you don't," He said and Severus turned red.

The three remained silent on the swing as they sat there watching the sunset.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 466

Re-published: May 2, 2024, 3:30 pm

When are you reading this?