12

Nikolai was currently sitting at the lunch table with them while Ron sat on his right and Hermoine sat on his left. He had a new plan to gain information to send to Tom, to defeat the Order Of The Phoenix.

He tried to keep calm as Ron tried to talk to him before he stood and excused himself saying that he would meet them at potions since he wanted to talk to Snape before class.

He exited the hall and sighed before heading to the dungeon he got into the class and saw that only Draco was there reading a book and eating an apple.

"Nikolai, aren't you supposed to be at lunch?" the blonde asked and Nikolai shrugged his shoulders before sitting beside him.

"I didn't feel like staying. What are you reading?" he asked. But before Draco could answer, the door slammed open, and Ron came marching in.

"So this is what you were really going to do?" He shouted, "You were going to hang out with Malfoy?" he asked, and Nikolai groaned.

"Were you following me and listening to my conversation?" He asked and Ron huffed.

"Of course, I followed you. You are acting weird and won't tell me why. I demand you tell me; I am your best friend!" he yelled, and Nikolai scoffed.

"Some best friends you are," he mumbled loud enough for the others to hear.

"What is that supposed to mean? I have been by your side from the first day, and now you're turning your back on me because of Malfoy?" The redhead sneered and Draco flinched as Nikolai stood and growled.

"Don't act all innocent, Ron. You, your family, and Hermoine have been having all these secret meetings with Dumbledore lately, and now I know why. You all were just using me and stealing my money behind my back," he roasted, and Ron looked up at him wide-eyed. "Yeah, you don't think I would find out. Well, I did," he huffed.

"What money?" Ronald asked, his brows drawn in confusion. "I never took your money; the only money I ever took from you was the amount you gave me for my chocolate frogs," he said.

"I have proof that you have been, so don't try to lie to me," Nikolai growled. A sigh from the other side of the room, and he turned to see his mate standing by the door that led into his office.

"There is a quicker way to get to the bottom of this than screaming at each other childishly and giving me a headache," he grumbled before pulling a vial out of his robe and walking over. "This is veritaserum. Mr. Weasley could drink, and we will get the truth. If he is lying, we can just erase his memory of this conversation before he tells somebody," he said, looking between the two, his eyes lingering on Nikolai before he shook his head and looked away.

"I'll do it," Ron said, snatching the vial, pulling off the cap, and drinking the entire thing. "That's disgusting," he said before his eyes glazed over.

"Did you steal money from my vault?" Nikolai asked once he realized the potion had taken effect.

"No, I would never. You're my best friend; I know if I asked you to give me some, you would, so I wouldn't steal from you," the redhead said.

"Were you aware of the potions I was given and the spells put on me?" Nikolai asked, and Ron frowned.

"What spells and potions?" He asked and Nikolai accioed the paper he got from Gringotts and showed the read head.

"I didn't know about any of this, I swear," Ron exclaimed immediately as he finished reading the whole thing. "Wait, your name is Nikolai, and you're Voldemort's son?" He asked, shocked, and Nikolai nodded, biting his lips to fight back tears.

He felt terrible; he had treated Ron horribly these two weeks, thinking that his first and best friend had betrayed him. Now, he found out Ron didn't, he was terrified that the redhead might not want to be his friend anymore.

"Har-Nikolai, I swear I never knew about any of this. If I had, I would have told you," Ron said, and the other nodded.

"Severus, the antidote," he said. Severus handed it to Ron, who drank it, and his eyes slowly unfogged. Ron looked at him with unshed tears in his eyes, and Nikolai quickly looked away.

"Class is about to start soon, why don't you two go talk in my quarters? I'll excuse you this once," Severus said softly and Nikolai nodded before leading the redhead through the office into Severus's living room.

"I understand if you don't want me as your best friend anymore," Ron's choked voice came as soon as they were alone. "I get it. If you want nothing to do with me because of what my family did to you, I won't tell anyone, you know, I promise," He sobbed, rubbing his tears away, and Nikolai released a sigh of his own before hugging the redhead who immediately hugged back.

"Of course, I want to be your best friend. I just hope you're not too mad about the way I treated you and that you will forgive me," he asked, pulling away and shedding his own tears.

"There's nothing to forgive, you were hurt and were trying to protect yourself. I get it, just happy you're still my best friend," Ron grinned through his tears.

Nikolai sat on that couch and sighed, feeling bad for ever doubting Ron. One of the most loyal people he'd ever met. Ron sat beside him and played with the sleeves of his hand-me-down robe.

"So, you're OK with all of this?" Ron asked, and Nikolai sighed.

"I'm getting used to it. It's weird, but it feels good when I'm around them like I found a piece that I never knew was missing," he said, and Ron laughed.

"Do you think I might have spells and potions in me, too?" he asked, and Nikolai frowned.

"I don't know, but you can come to meet Tom this weekend, and he can check," he suggested, and Ron nodded.

"On your birth certificate, it says you're a dominant vampire fairy. Can I see?" he asked excitedly, and Nikolai laughed before dropping his glamor.

His hair grew, and his fairy wings and sharp features emerged. "Woah," Ron said, staring at him. "You look so cool," he said, and Nikolai grinned.

"So, I am guessing your dad is the vampire and your mom is the fairy?" He asked and Nikolai nodded. "Can you do fairy magic?" Ring asked.

"I can, I just have to practice," He answered.

"Will your mom help?" The redhead asked, Harry shook his head and then explained the story of how he ended up with the Potters.

"Wow, that's a bit much," he said. "She could have just left you," he told Nikolai, who huffed but nodded.

"So, did you find your mate?" Ron asked, and Nikolai Blushed, "It's Snape, isn't it?" He grinned and Nikolai pouted, making him laugh.

"He doesn't know though, and I won't tell him. He's dating Lucius Malfoy, and they are both happy and in love, and I don't want to ruin his relationship," Nikolai said, and Ron frowned.

"But what if he finds out?" He asked and Nikolai sighed.

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it," the red-eyed male answered.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 1201

Re-published: May 2, 2024, 9 am

When are you reading this?