14

The next morning Nikolai woke up extra early, excited to see Ron's change. He exited the dorm and made his way down to the dungeon to Severus's quarters.

He entered the living room and saw Draco already there. "Morning," the blonde greeted seeing him.

"Where is Severus?" Nikolai asked and Draco made a face.

"It's date day. He and Father are going to spend the entire day together doing romantic stuff," he grumbled as he walked over to the floo.

"Oh, that seems fun," Nikolai mumbled as they both stepped into the floo.

They reached Riddle Manor and made their way to the cottage. They found Tom outside looking out into the forest.

"Boys," he greeted them when he saw them. "Your friend is testing his new form," he said, tilting his head towards the edge of the forest, where the boys now noticed a fox playing.

"Ron!" Nikolai exclaimed, and the fox turned to him before rushing towards him. Nikolai kneeled down and petted Ron as the fox's tail wagged.

Fox Ron sniffed the area before looking at Draco, who was red-faced and wide-eyed. He bounced over to Draco and jumped at him, knocking him over.

With his paws on Draco's chest, he shifted staring down at the blonde for a few seconds before leaning down and kissing him.

Nikolai watched with a smirk as Draco's hand went to Ron's hair and they deepened their kiss.

"Please, refrain from defiling my garden," Tom hissed and the two quickly pulled away red-faced. Ron quickly stood and pulled Draco up with him.

"Oh, Fred and George are going to have a field day with this," Ron grumbled.

"What?" Draco asked, confused, and Ron frowned looking around at the other two before sighing.

"Well, Mom disowned them over Christmas when they brought their mate home," He explained, and at the other's confused looks, he added, "They asked me not to tell you; they wanted you to hear it from them," He said, and Nikolai nodded.

"Well, today is as good a time as any to go see them," Nikolai said and Ron nodded.

They went into the cottage and Ron thanked Tom for helping him and freeing him from Dumbledore and his mother's clutches.

They arrived through the floo at the leaky cauldron and made their way to the Twin's shop.

They entered the shop and made their way to the apartment above it. Nikolai entered first and paused at the sight in front of him. Fred, George, and another man were lying on the couch, one twin on the bottom, one on top, and the man sandwiched between them.

"Ahem," Nikolai cleared his throat, and all three looked over at them. "Hello," He said, raising a brow as all three quickly sat up and fixed their clothes.

"Little brother, Harry, Malfoy," Fred said standing from the couch and coming over to the as George made sure the man was ok.

"You recognize me?" Nikolai asked and Fred nodded.

"Of course, We do," He said.

"We recognize your magic signature," George finished his brother's sentence as he led the other man over.

"Right, but who is this?" Nikolai asked, looking at the short man hovering a few feet away.

He had long brown hair and bright green eyes, his skin was pale and his features were delicate but still masculine.

"This is Ezra Mostai," George said, wrapping his arm around the smaller man's waist.

"He's our mate," Fred said and Nikolai nodded.

"Nice to meet you, Ezra. Your last name, you're related to Flora Mostai?" He asked and Ezra nodded.

"She is my aunt. She took care of me after my parents died. She raised me from when I was five. She said I was the son she never had," the brown-haired male said, and Nikolai huffed.

" What?" Ezra asked Nikolai, narrowing his eyes at Nikolai.

"I have some things to tell the twins; seeing as you are their mates, I know you won't betray their trust by telling anyone what I will tell you today," He said, walking over to the armchair and sitting down, avoiding the couch.

The others gathered around and he told them everything.

"I get it now," Ezra said when he finished explaining, "She always said at least I wasn't an evil child; she was talking about you," He finished, and Nikolai shrugged.

"So, what about you three? Ron said that something happened at Christmas," he said, and the three looked sad.

"We got disowned, we had told them we were bringing someone home, but they thought just by the name that Ezra was a girl and that he was only dating one of us. So, when mom busted into our room on Christmas morning to us getting hot and heavy, she freaked, and dad came and freaked out too, and they told us to leave and that we weren't a part of the family anymore," Fred said seriously, as George reached over and held his hand.

"But, you are twins; surely they knew that you would have the same mate once you got your inheritance; it's rare twins have separate mates," Draco said, and George shook his head.

"We aren't creatures; Ezra is a submissive fairy shifter. He found us," he said, and Nikolai frowned.

"Ron is a fox shifter, though," He said, and the twins looked surprised.

"We knew our family had fox shifters in our blood. It is known to skip a few generations. Some have been known to have the gene and use potions to force it out or just let it stay dormant," Fred said, and Ron frowned.

"So, I'm the only one in the family with the gene?" He asked and the twins shrugged.

"Don't know," George answered.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 917

Re-published: May 2, 2024, 10 am

When are you reading this?