20

Severus and Nikolai sat in the living room of the Malfoy cottage while they waited for Lucius to get dressed. Nikolai had the image of Lucius imprinted in his brain. He never expected Lucius to be that muscular under all those formal robes that the man always wore.

Lucius entered again fully dressed. His Slytherin green robes flowed as he walked over and sat in the armchair by the fire. "So, you wish to speak with me?" he asked, avoiding looking at both men.

"Severus has told me that you both now know that I am his mate," Nikolai said and Lucius took a deep breath, "I just want you to know I have no intention of acting on our mating," Nikolai said, and both men now turned to him in shock.

"You plan to reject him? how dare you, that could kill him?!" Lucius exclaimed, but Nikoali quickly quieted him before looking at a distressed Severus.

"I do not plan to reject him, I just plan to stay out of the way of your relationship. You worked long and hard to get Severus to the point where he is now, and I don't want you to break up because of me," Nikolai said.

"So, you're not rejecting me but don't want to date me?" Severus asked, looking hurt, and Nikolai moved closer to the dark man taking his hand in his.

"Severus, you are a wonderful man, smart, graceful, witty, strong," he said, looking deeply into the dark man's eyes. "And you have a wonderful relationship with somebody who is just as equally those things as you are. You guys have loved each other for years, growing together, learning about each other, and making each other happy. And I don't want to take that from either of you." He finished, and Severus looked at him wide-eyed.

"What about you, though?" Lucius asked softly as he stood and made his way over to the couch. He sat on the opposite side of Nikolai, his steel-gray eyes moving back and forth between them. "What if no one has to get hurt?" he asked, and both looked at him oddly.

"No one is getting hurt, Lucius," Nikolai said, and Lucius shook his head.

"But you are," The blonde said and Nikolai turned away. "Why don't we try this with all of us?" He asked and Severus looked over at him wide-eyed.

"Like all three of us dating?" the dark man said, and Lucius nodded. "I...I would be willing to try that," he said, and Lucius smiled softly before looking back at Nikolai, who was avoiding looking at both.

"I wouldn't mind that," He said as he leaned back into the sofa.

"Good that's settled then," Lucius said, sighing in relief that at least that problem was taken care of.

"Can I ask something?" the fairy vampire asked, looking at Lucius, who nodded. "What happened to Narcissa?" he asked, and the blonde stiffened as Severus took a deep breath.

They looked at each other as if having some silent conversation before Lucius ran a hand through his hair. "Everyone knew our marriage was arranged. My father practically forced it knowing I wouldn't ever love her. My mom was the one to draw up the contract; she knew that being a Veela meant that I had a mate, but my father didn't care that he wanted power. My mom made the contract so we would only have to be together till our first child was ten years of age. She also made it so that because I have a mate, the marriage would be null and void if I met them before the ten years were up, Narcissa read and agreed to the contract," Lucius stood from the chair and started to pace. "She fell in love with me and tried to convince me I could love her too. We had Draco after a year of trying. It just felt wrong and I couldn't even find pleasure in having sex with her. When Draco was eight I met my mate, Saven. He was amazing, he was everything I could have thought of wanting in a mate. He wasn't a creature, though; he was just a regular wizard. But he was a smart man with a great knowledge of creatures and accepted me. He loved Draco when he met him, and Draco loved him. They would play games and go out together. I introduced him to Narcissa and she threw a fit. Saven tried to talk to her and calm her down but it didn't work. She killed him, and she almost killed Draco too. She kept going until Tom and Severus came and stopped her. She went to Azkaban, and Draco was in the hospital for six months. Severus worked effortlessly to find a potion to help heal him; he was by our side all day except when he was teaching. I kinda fell in love with him over time," Lucius finished and Nikolai sat there in shock as Severus stood and went to pull Lucius into a hug.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 832

Re-published: May 2, 2024, 1 pm

When are you reading this?