21

"NIKOLAI ALEX RIDDLE!!" A voice yelled through the Malfoy cottage, and the three men froze as Tom came through the door to the living room, followed by Skill, Draco, and Ron. "I told you not to leave the house, do you know how worried I was?" Tom asks, glaring at his son.

"Dad, I'm sorry Severus came, and we need to talk to Lucius. I didn't mean to make you worry," Nikolai said, using his puppy eyes. Tom sighed.

"So, you sorted it all out?" he asked, and the three smiled softly as they nodded. "Good, now, Severus. There is some news from the school. Dumbledore has brought in Aurors and has been telling them that you have kidnapped Nikolai and held him hostage. You will be arrested the second you step in that castle, and for that reason, I must advise that you stay here for now," Tom said, and Severus nodded.

"I think that would be best," he agreed. What happened to you two?" he asked, looking at Draco and Ron, who stood at the door, drawing all the others' attention to them as well.

Lucius gasped and jumped to his feet when he saw the two. Draco had a black eye and busted lip and Ron looked worse with both eyes swollen, a purple nose, and busted lips.

"We were attacked by the majority of the Gryffindor house. Dumbledore has been encouraging it, and about three days ago, they ambushed us," Draco said. Ron visibly shrank into himself before leaving the room.

Draco sighed, looking after his mate, before returning to his father, who pulled him into a gentle hug. "Is anything broken?" Lucius asked and Draco shook his head.

"No, we're fine for the most part. Ron won't talk to me, though," he said, and Nikolai stood.

"I'll go talk to him," he said, exiting the room. He found Ron standing in the kitchen, staring out the window above the sink.

Nikolai silently sat on the island and watched Ron for a few minutes before the redhead finally sighed and leaned on the sink, his shoulders shaking.

"I couldn't protect him. I couldn't protect my mate, Nikolai. I couldn't fight back. How can I be a good mate if I can't protect him?" The redhead asked.

Nikolai opened his mouth to answer when a hand was placed on his shoulder and Draco slowly shuffled past him.

The blonde walked up to Ron and wrapped his arms around his waist. Nikolai slowly stood and silently exited the kitchen.

"Ron," Draco said softly, and Ron leaned his head back to lean on the blonde. "You know there is nothing you could have done? There were the entire grades of Gryffindors, and there were too many of them. We both did our best. We could have ended up in Saint Mungos, but we didn't," Draco reassured him, and Ron sighed, turning in his arms.

"It's just frustrating; some of those people were my friends, or I thought they were my friends. To see them show so much hate towards me, and I know Dumbledore won't do anything to punish them makes me mad," Ron said, leaning his head on Draco's shoulder and sniffing his scent.

"I know, but this will all be over soon, and then we can get married and go on our honeymoon in one of my family vacation homes, where we can officially mate," Draco purred. Ron's face turned as red as his hair, and he pulled away and quickly placed a kiss on Draco's lips with a smile.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 578

Re-published: May 2, 2024, 1:30 pm

When are you reading this?