26

Skoll sighed as he sat on the couch, waiting for Tom to return. They had plans, but Tom was called away because of an attack. He leaned back on the arm of the sofa as he read a book. He was about to turn the page when he heard a howl outside and sighed.

Placing the book down, he made his way out of the manor, where they were before Tom was called out. "Father, what are you doing here?" he asked as he saw his father's wolf pacing in front of the garden.

The older wolf shifted and walked up to him. "When are you coming back to the pack?" Fenrir asked, and Skoll frowned. He hadn't returned since he wanted Tom to be his mate.

"I'm not," He said, knowing his father had a thing for getting angry quickly as it got closer to the full moon which was three days away.

"What do you mean you're not coming back?" Fenrir growled, and Skoll gulped.

"I...I found my mate, and I decided to stay here with them," Skoll said, and he saw Fenrir deflate.

"Mate?" he asked, and Skoll nodded. "I see, listen..." he said, but Skoll's attention wasn't on him. It was on the smell of blood. Tom's blood coming from the house, spinning around, Skoll ran back into the house, leaving Fenrir after him.

Sighing, Fenrir made his way back to the forest. "He isn't coming?" A soft voice asked when he entered the forest. Looking over, he saw his new mate, the reason he had come for his son. He wanted to introduce the two most important people in his life to each other.

"No, Dev, he's not," he sighed as the smaller white-haired man walked over to him and wrapped his arms around Fenrir's neck. "I don't think he'll come back for a while; he found his mate," Fenrir said before shifting and running into the woods. Devon sighed and looked back towards the manor. He knew how much Fenrir wished for Skoll to be with him.

Fenrir's first mate, Skoll's mother, was an arranged mating. When Skoll was born, his mother waited a year before disappearing with the baby. Fenrir searched for them but didn't find them. Skoll had come back three years ago on his own after his mother had died, and Fenrir felt as they were still mated.

A howl came from deeper in the woods and Devon quickly shifted before he ran after Fenrir. He met with the Alpha and the two of them ran back to the pack together.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 420

Re-published: May 2, 2024, 4 pm

When are you reading this?