28

Nikolai lay down on a sofa in the library at Malfoy Cottage reading a book on muggle folklore. His other two partners were busy at the moment, Lucius was in the study and Severus was currently having a potion breakthrough and had been locked in his lab for three days.

Suddenly, Nikolai felt a heavy weight on him and lifted his book to see Severus had made his way into the room and over to the couch to lie on him. The man looked up at him with tired eyes, and Nikolai placed his book on the floor before pulling Severus up so that they were chest to chest.

"How is the potion coming?" Nikolai asked and Severus groaned.

"I finished brewing it and bottling it," the man said as he buried his head further into Nikolai's neck, sighing softly. "You smell good," he mumbled, and Nikolai chuckled.

It had been two months since they left the cabin, and things had been going smoothly for them. But at the school, things were starting to heat up. Dumbledore was getting frantic and desperate in his efforts to locate his missing weapon.

Nikolai ran his hand through Severus's hair as the man dozed off, closing his eyes, too, as his mate's breath evened out.

Meanwhile, Lucius finished his work and left in search of his partners. He decided to go to the library first, pausing at the door when he saw the sight before him. Smiling, he cast a levitation spell and floated them off the couch to the bedroom. He laid them on the bed and transfigured their clothes into pajamas before placing the thick sheet over them. He changed his clothes as well before he climbed into the bed and settled behind Nikolai.

The other man lifted his head and looked back at Lucius with squinted eyes making Lucius chuckle nervously before scooting back a bit. They hadn't slept in the bed before, and Lucius was worried Nikolai didn't want him near, so he turned to the other side and got comfortable.

He gasped when he felt an arm wrapped around his waist and pulled him back before rolling over and placing him in the middle of Nikolai and Severus. He looked up and Nikolai, who simply rolled him onto his side so his back was facing him, lifted Lucius's arm and placed it over Severus before he pressed himself against the blonde and wrapped his arm around them both.

While they slept, Draco made his way down the hall to the Slytherin common room; he turned the corner to see Ron standing there waiting. "Hey there, Foxy," Draco flirted and Ron turned bright red.

"Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to take a walk to the astronomy tower before dinner," he asked, and Draco nodded.

They made the walk up to the tower and sat on the edge, looking out at the students below them. Ron wrapped his arm around Draco and pulled the blonde close to him. They had barely had time for each other trying to avoid Dumbledore and all.

"Draco," Ron said and Draco looked up at him. "I want to talk to you about something," the redhead said and Draco pulled away and looked up at him.

"Is everything okay?" Draco asked worriedly as Ron's face turned as red as his hair.

"Yeah, it's about our mating," Ron said, worrying his bottom lip, and Draco frowned. "I was wondering if you wanted to get married first," he said, pulling a small ring out of his pocket and showing it to Draco, who looked at him wide-eyed. I know it's not elegant or fancy, but I bought it with my own money. I saw it the other day and immediately thought of you," Ron stuttered when Draco didn't say anything.

"Ron...This...This is the most beautiful ring I have ever seen," Draco said, as he slowly took the ring from Rom and slipped it on his finger. It had a plain silver band with a green gem close to the Slytherin color mounted on it. "I would love to marry you," he said, kissing Ron's lips.

"You really like it?" The redhead asked, and Draco nodded.

"Of course, you gave it to me," He said and Ron smiled before hugging the other.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 699

Re-published: May 2, 2024, 5 pm

When are you reading this?