My faults and the parties (Zach, Zach, Zach... Part. 3)

After the movie/ vacation weekend with Ariel happened, my mind was all over the place, and this led me to do something that kind of self-sabotaged me a bit.

I had gotten hurt; I knew for a fact he had hurt me, and still, I never said anything about it, never complained or never talked to anyone about it. My present self, if she was in this situation, would have either called him out or blocked him off of EVERYWHERE.

But for some reason, the childhood friend image of him still lived rent-free in my mind, and I just could not understand how that person could have done something so horrible to me. Although I have not talked about those specific moments, the truth is that our friendship had been very solid and founded on really beautiful, amazing, and wonderful experiences. I was in disbelief, so much to the point that I starting to make myself not believe what had happened. 

My mentality went from 'he hurt me' to 'he's just confused' to 'he still hasn't asked her to be his girlfriend, maybe I have a chance'.

One day Lola (who was unaware of the situation) invited us to her house to watch a movie. I don't know why, only the 2 of us came. I don't remember why Dean wasn't there, which, looking at it now, was a bit odd, but whatever. The point is I thought this was my chance, I went over there with a positive mind, we had a great time and by the end of it I thought 'let me tell him how I feel'.

As if he could read my mind, the second, the exact second, I was going to tell him (this happened while he gave me a ride home), he said "I want to let you know I have everything planned and I'm going to ask Ariel to be my girlfriend." The way he said it was odd. It was as if he was almost asking for permission or my approval. Almost as if he was saying 'Just letting you know so that everything is clear.'

I remember being speechless. It was late at night, so he couldn't see my facial expression. I said something simple like "cool" and didn't say anything else for the rest of the ride. If I'm not mistaken, he then proceeded to explain in detail what he had planned, but I don't remember a thing. After I got home I went to bed and cried until I fell asleep. Next day I muted him from my IG so that I wouldn't have to see when the girlfriend proposal occurred.

 Next day I muted him from my IG so that I wouldn't have to see when the girlfriend proposal occurred