V- Dreamy Eyes and Dreamy Nights

I could hear him laugh loudly as I fall on my butt for the fifth time

I could hear him laugh loudly as I fall on my butt for the fifth time. My cheeks grew pink from embarrassment and I muttered, "Shut up."

"This is literally the fifth time!" He said and smirked. Boy, what I would do to wipe that smirk off his face.

Percy was still laughing- and wasn't watching- so I quickly made a snowball and threw it at him. My aim was pretty good during throwing stuff (had a lot of practise on my dummy cousins). It hit him right in the face and he lost his balance and landed on his ass.

Now, it was my turn to laugh my ass off. He glared at me while I stuff my tongue out. "Oh, real mature Alex." Percy threw a snowball at me but luckily I dodged it. "Missed me, missed me!" I teased him and threw another snowball at him.

He ran and hid behind a bunch of trees. I had two snowballs in my hand, ready to throw them at any direction when suddenly a snowball hit the back of my head. I regained my balance and turned to see Percy ready with more three in his hands.

He immediately threw one at me but I ducked and hit him with the two snowballs I had in my hand. His face when the snowballs hit him was priceless (I really wish that I could've shown you).

The raven haired fell down and I picked up a sword- which was heavy, for me at least- and pointed it at his chin. "And that is how you win a snowball fight, Perseus Jackson!" I smirked and mentally thanked Sophia for telling me his full name because boy, was he annoyed.

"You really shouldn't be so confident." He replied and his hands were around my ankle and the very next moment I was on ground.

I watch as the cloudy sky poured down snowflakes and I stuck out my tongue to catch one. Once I did, I start moving my hands and feet making a snow angel. I suddenly have a déjà vu of my fourth Christmas with my family. A faint smile crept onto my face but it vanished as soon as it came. I hadn't had Christmas like that in years.

"God, I miss this."

"Hmm?"

"Not having to worry about getting killed; just having fun like others. Having snowball fights, building a snowman, decorating the Christmas tree, sipping eggnog." He said and I turned my head and faced him.

"I wonder what would've happened if I wasn't a demigod. I mean, my Mom wouldn't have to worry so much about me and..." He trailed off. "I just hate myself for making her worry so much." He closed his eyes and exhaled.

"You're lucky." I whispered and he looked at me like I was crazy. "At least you have someone to worry about you." I could feel Percy's gaze but I didn't dare look at him. "I guess I better go. See you later Percy." I got up and brushed the snow off outfit and left before he could even reply.

~-~-~•°•°•~-~-~

At dinner, I sat with the Stoll brothers at Hermes table while all my cousins were at the Apollo and the Aphrodite table. I looked around to see Percy and Thalia being miserable and sitting alone at their respective tables. Comparatively the Hermes, Ares and Apollo tables had more people. But only the Hunters seemed to be having a good time.