1. Awakening.

"Don't trust him."

I shot up immediately, having no breath in me. My head throbbing as I groaned, feeling a pain in my stomach. I leaned my back against the nearest tree, putting my knees against my chest and clutching on my stomach from the pain. I looked around, my vision blurry. I rubbed my eyes and looked around again, seeing clearly.

Abnormal figures were everywhere. The ground below me was sand, but trees were healthy and alive. The cool breeze in the night made me feel better. I rubbed my temple with the bottom of my palm. "Where am I?" I mumbled to myself, hoping that all of this was just a dream.

"Need a little help?" A voice appeared in front of me, making me startled. I yelped and moved back, groaning from the pain that was still there.

"Get away!" I stuttered, grabbing a stick and swinging it to him. He chuckled and kneeled down, making me able to see his face. Black, short hair that hasn't been cut in a while. A sharp jawline with a genuine smile.

"Still scared?" He teased, chuckling.

"No! And I wasn't sacred in the first place..." I mumbled, taking his hand that he extended. I groaned when I got up and barely balanced myself.

"Woah! You alright?" He asked, which I nodded in respond. He put his arm around around my shoulder, then started typing something on his weird looking braclet.

"Whats that?" I asked, confused.

He smiled, his dimple showing. "You'll know soon."

I rolled my eyes, annoyed, then leaned my head on his shoulder, feeling tired and nauseous. Suddenly, a screen was floating in front of us. He acted like this was an everyday thing, typing away on the screen.

"Do you remember your name?" He asked. I was going to say my name but then my mind went blank. It's like I forgot my name, or didn't even have a name. "Don't worry, it's normal to not know you're name here. Just create a new one. Think about it if you want." He explained, I nodded. Guess I'm not the only one.

"What's yours?" I asked, he looked up at me and smiled.

"Yuri." He mumbled. I nodded at his answer. There was an awkward but comfortable silence between us, the only sounds were the cool breeze and the creatures moaning.

After a while, a portal slowly formed in front of us, shining a bright light which blinded both us. Yuri mumbled something under his breath but I couldn't catch up with it. Once the portal was fully opened, he dragged me inside.

"You know I can walk." I mumbled, still getting dragged. Different portals were surrounding us. Some small, some big.

"What is this place?" I mumbled, looking around.

"Its a realm leading to all dimensions in the universe. The smaller ones are either dying out, or very unnoticed. The bigger ones are healthy or very popular." He explained.

"Which one are you in?"

"None," He answered, simply shrugging. Before I could ask another question, he already answered it. "I'm one of the people that control the dimensions and keep them stable. We have a portal of our own, you just have to summon it." He explained, to which I nodded at.

He stopped dragging me then typed on his bracelet. He then looked up, seeing a portal forming." Come on," He said, taking my collar and jumping, making us both float. "Ready?" He asked.

"Ready for wha-" Before I could finish it, he pushed me into the portal, making me scream. It was all pitch blackness with light passing by. I then heard muffled conversation. I looked below me and saw light. Somehow, gravity came back and I fell immediately, hitting my head. I groaned and sat up, looking around me. "Woah.." I mumbled, my eyes sparkling.

The place was breathtaking. It was filled with trees that had vines all over. The suns light made everything bright and joyous. The river was calm and slowly moving to transform into a waterfall. Birds were chippering and people were walking around, all laughing and talking. The buildings looked new and out of a fairytale. Kids were roaming around the place.

Someone tapped on my shoulder, which made me come back to my senses. I looked up to see Yuri extending his hand out, helping me get up. "Is this the place you were talking about?"

"Mhm, pretty cool, right?" He said with a wicked smile. I nodded in respond, a smile plastered on my face. "This place is pretty peaceful. It's were everyone unites together. Everyone is everyone's friend, no enemies. The place is healthy and grown, it's been like this for ages." He explained, walking around.

I followed him, listening to all the things he said. My eyes were sparkling from how excited I was. The place was amazing!

"Follow me. Let me show you the main building." He said and started running. I followed behind. Not only was the place beautiful, but it was also enormous. If it weren't for Yuri, I would have gotten lost already.

We made it to the front entrance and Yuri held the handle and pressed it down. Before opening the door, he turned his head and looked at me.

"Before we go in, have you figured out your name yet?" He asked.

I though about the question. I wanted to have my name as soon as possible, but I wanted it to be unique and bright. I thought about this dimension and the other one I was in. Maybe I could correlate it with this place, because I was going to stay here for the rest of my life. I didn't have to know the meaning of the name, I just wanted something that sounded unique and glowing. Eventually, I knew what I wanted. I nodded and told him my name.

"Estria."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: omgg I'm in love with thisss. I think I'll actually write it and not just delete after a month. I have hopes on this one. Chapter 2 will maybe be uploaded on Thursday or Wednesday, depending on how busy I am, or I'll just start today or tmrw to get it done with for this week. :)

Poisonedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें