Epilogue

The wooden cabins were placed in harmony with the surrounding trees. A campfire was placed at the center of the small village. Another hot day, with the sun's warm rays to comfort. Horrigan was the first one to get on good terms with the locals. He rapidly convinced Gerald and Rodrek to do the same and in a few months, they already were positively received by the tribe.

Months became years, and Hyrule, the Cult of the Awakened, the Thieves' Guild and so many other things were forgotten. Here, on this unique isle in the middle of the ocean, nothing could reach the three of them. They changed their habits to see themselves fit in this new lifestyle.

Gerald turned himself into a fisherman. The tribe members, also called the Kaystres, taught him which fish to catch and which to avoid, how to fry them effectively and which seasoning to add to make them tastier.

Horrigan returned to the basics and became a trapper, learning how to make sure to catch a reasonable amount of animals without running out of them. The contact with nature reminded him of simpler times, without having to worry about superficial things like rupees, overcomplicated days and having to worry about the next day.

Rodrek, as for him, couldn't bring himself to achieve anything specific for the Kaystres. Instead, he felt the need to talk. He tried his best to learn the very pronounced language of the tribe, guessing which words were used. The Kaystres also took some of their time to teach him how to communicate with them.

The isle remained the same, as if time had stopped around it. Only the inhabitants got affected, living and dying. Nothing ever changed and the routine was simple, but satisfying to all.

Rodrek : Lumi! Stella! Côme ôver hëre!

He got out of his cabin, stretching his arms. He was helping on diverse tasks and sometimes having genuine discussions with the locals. He was thirty-seven now, he grew a beard and his already abundant hair was tied in a ponytail. Like Horrigan and Gerald, his skin became gradually darker through the years.

Coming from behind a tree, two children got out. One boy and one girl Both had dark hair, but one of them had a slightly clearer skin. The boy was four years old while the girl was five. They ran to their father and hugged him.

Lumi : Dâd! Wë fôund â côlony of snâïls nëar thë câbïn! You gôttâ sëe it!

Rodrek : Maybe later, spôrt... Now, dâddy has a bit of frëe tïme, how about wë go for a wâlk on the bëach?

Stella : Ôkay, dâddy! But àfter, you côme to sëe the snails!

Rodrek : Yes, Ï prômise!

They all walked to the northwest of the isle until they reached the beach. Partially cloudy with risk of rain. The two kids ran on the sand, chasing each other. Far on the south, Rodrek could see Gerald using a string on the shore and pulling it from time to time. The father walked up to a bump in the sand. There was a sword dipped on it, colorless of taking the rust. He sat next to it.

Rodrek : Hey, Lum'. Things are still the same for the last... I don't know, around twenty years? I wished you were here with me. I'll admit, I wasn't sure about getting used to this lifestyle, but I did. The kids think I'm a bit crazy, talking to someone who's been dead for so long, but...

He stopped, looking at Lumi and Stella. a gust of wind formed itself and they were trying to walk against it. Rodrek immediately thought about that day, where in a similar position, he and Luminex were struggling to make their way through an extremely windy day. The reminder of that souvenir brought him a tear to the eye.

Rodrek : But I like that. It eases my mind because you're the only one that'd be willing to listen to me non-stop. One day, we'll meet again, but until then... Life goes on, Lum'... Life goes on.