The Chili's Encounter (Zach... Part 4)

I will be 100% honest with you as always.

Is this the final part of Zach's story?

Yes.

Will it be the last part forever?

I honestly doubt it.

The events of Zach and all his chaos brought me closer to my mental health and overall wellness. It is one of the perks of having gone through this. I look back and notice how many times my intuition told me things that I ignored, and ever since then, I have learned to flow and be guided. I can feel it closer than ever that I might encounter him again, though. I almost feel that when we want to get over someone (relationship-wise or even an enemy), we get the time we ask the universe to heal, but as a last exam, we meet them one last time again. I feel like that last exam is getting closer as days go by (I guess future me will tell you eventually).

 I feel like that last exam is getting closer as days go by (I guess future me will tell you eventually)

But anyway, let's get on with the last part of Zach's story.

Something interesting to add is that since Lola's Party A, we (Lola and I) got closer because we started working in the same place. This was, for me, the pivotal point where she went from being my friend to becoming my best friend, and she has remained so until today.

Throughout the year, I opened up to her about Zach's situation, and she advised me on a few things, but I never told her about the dating, and it is something I honestly think I will keep to myself. 

Another silver lining about Zach's situation was that it made me closer to Xavier. Xavier and I used to work at the same place when we were in high school. We became friends instantly but as we reached uni, we went our separate ways. Eventually, we found each other taking the metro and went to eat lunch together. Here, we opened up about past relationships, and I told him everything about Zach. It was the first time (no offense to Lukas) someone had made me feel like Zach was in the wrong and that it was ok for me to feel sad about him and the events. He made me feel like I wasn't crazy for what I experienced because even after all that, I still sometimes wondered if I had misinterpreted signals that told me that he liked me.

I also talked about the situation with Lukas, but he has never been one to naturally give much emotional support in situations. He's more the type to say, "Put a bandaid on," if you fall and your bone is poking out of your skin.

Despite all these conversations, I didn't talk or text Zach for a long time. I ended up coinciding with him and only with him 2 more times at group events where he was there. 1 was Dean's birthday. Here, he shared his plans with Ariel, and it made me really sad. I also cried that night. And then another time at another birthday party of mine where I also had 0 clue who were the guests. Thankfully Ariel wasn't there, but I wasn't happy. And don't worry, after this time, I had a conversation with my mom about surprise parties and how I wanted to know in advance the guests or else I didn't want anything to do with it. On these two times we didn't talk too much. We didn't engage, and for my party, he was there for a brief amount of time, similar to what had happened at Lola's party. We never texted or call.