Chapter 20. High Counsil

Thank you for all your support. I hope you'll enjoy the stories. Idea's are always welcome.
Please keep in mind that this is a y/n story.

-----------------------------------

While everything was being readied for the upcoming trial, it started to storm tremendously outside.
Dementors we're flying above Hogwarts to make sure that nothing would disturb them.

A procession of upper house members gathered in the greathall, their faces serious as they gathered around y/n, who was now the centre of an unprecedented display of power, her heart pounding in her chest as she faced the serious accusations levelled against her. She felt the eyes of the senior members resting on her, their gazes piercing and judicious.

As everyone took place, she feared for the worst.
Scorpius, Albus, Hugo, Lilly and more tried to fight from being removed from the hall. As the door closed the chairman of the Higher Council spoke. His voice was filled heavy with authority. "Y/n, you are accused of a serious violation of the laws regarding time travel. It is proven that you deliberately chose to create a new life in the future in exchange for the arrival of a professor from that same future. The evidence points to a deal you allegedly made, although the details remain unknown."

The accusation cut through the silence like a dagger, and y/n felt overwhelmed by its weight. The High Council had also suggested that Albus Dumbledore might be involved, a suggestion that cast a shadow of doubt over the beloved former headmaster's reputation.

One of the senior members of the High Council stood up and declared with determination. "This evidence has been falsified! This whole situation has been deliberately created to incriminate y/n. I demand that she be sentenced to return to the past, with amnesia as punishment. And that this case will be futher investigate to make sure who he shouldn't be named will not make his return."

Before judgment could be passed, a bright flash of light suddenly appeared in the room, followed by the sound of crackling flames. A phoenix rose from the flames and in a miraculous transformation, it changed into the form of the deceased Albus Dumbledore. The High Council was shocked by the unexpected appearance of the legendary former headmaster. His voice filled the hall with authority as he spoke. "What comes from the past must not return to keep the balance. The decisions we make must be based on the present and the future, not on old regrets or grudges." The High Council was silent, overwhelmed by Dumbledore's presence and the wisdom of his words. It became clear that the person from the future had spent his last days in the past, not to make a deal, but search for a way to break a bloodcurse that threatened the future of the wizarding community.

Y/n felt a wave of relief pass through her, mixed with surprise and amazement. The curse turned out to be one of the blood curses, similar to that of Scorpius's mother. Her shock was palpable when she heard this revelation.

As the members listened intently to Albus Dumbledore's words. His voice, imbued with wisdom and experience, filled the room as he spoke. "Where there is light, there always lurks darkness." Dumbledore began, his blue eyes glinting with deep earnestness. "But let us not forget that those who are unknown do not always bring out the worst in us."

The High Council was silent, imbued with the truth in the legendary former headmaster's words. His insights cut through the complexity of the human heart and brought a moment of reflection to the room.

Suddenly, with a fluid movement of his hand, Dumbledore disappeared in a swirl of light, leaving his presence as a reminder of his wisdom. At that moment, the phoenix emerged, its feathers glistening in the soft light that fell through the hall's windows. With a graceful movement, the majestic bird landed on y/n's shoulder.

However, one of the high lords, his face contorted with anger and indignation, refused to give in to the peaceful agreement reached by the rest of the High Council. He tried to incite the others to send y/n back to the past as yet, his voice shrill and full of hatred. But the remaining members of the Higher Council refused to obey his poisonous words. With determination and unity, they joined Dumbledore's decision, declaring that y/n could stay and live her life as she wished and was no longer a treath. With this the weight of uncertainty vanished like a morning fog from Hogwarts. The entire school buzzed with joy and cheers as the news was announced.

"The verdict is out!" exclaimed Professor McGonagall, with the authority of a seasoned leader in her voice. "Hogwarts and its students have been exonerated. The dark forces have been driven out and our shrine stands strong again!"
The professors, mostly composed and reserved, could not contain their joy. They cheered and applauded, their relief palpable. Even the portraits seemed to smile, their eyes twinkling with pride.

As the last echoes of celebration faded, the Dementors, like ominous shadows, dissipated from the grounds. Their departure marked the end of a dark chapter in Hogwarts's history.

With the Higher Council returning to the Ministry, Hogwarts settled into a newfound peace. That evening, the Great Hall was transformed into a banquet hall fit for royalty. Tables groaned under the weight of sumptuous dishes, and enchanted candles cast a warm, golden glow over the festivities.

Laughter and conversation filled the air as students and staff reveled in the joyous atmosphere. There were no secrets tonight, only camaraderie and shared triumph.

Amidst the revelry, Scorpius and Y/n stepped forward, hand in hand, to make an announcement that rippled through the crowd. Their relationship, once concealed behind veils of uncertainty and secrecy, was now proudly declared. But not all were quick to offer their blessings.

Rose watched with a mixture of surprise and disapproval. She exchanged a telling glance with Scorpius, her childhood friend, now her ex. She didn't want to believe he was in a relationship with someone else so soon. Did she really mean nothing to him? Rose grabbed a bottle of liquor and secluded herself.

As the night wore on, friendships were forged anew and bonds strengthened in the wake of adversity. It all seemed quiet ..... for now.