Drunken Sailor

Yey! Back to WWI! And a much shorter chapter than the previous two.

German Empire POV:

I teleported myself back home, pleased that it was all going according to plan. What was the plan? Hide it under my bed until the war concludes. Obviously.

... Okay, here is the more detailed answer. When I get back to Austria-Hungary's place, I hide the ring under my bed, or any alternative place that could be better at concealing expensive items. However, it has to be somewhere that I'm absolutely positive that no one would dare check for anything. That rules out pretty much every drawer, cabinet, or compartment you could find at her house. The only piece of furniture I have to myself is my handmade bed we built a few years back, so it would be logical to hide it under it. Right?

I appeared in the front porch of her house, where I was before I left. The first thing I saw was Turkey. I nearly had a heart attack as I yelped and jumped back. The clutched box was openly visible in my hand, so I hid it behind my back. Looking down at Turkey, who grew suspicious of what was behind my back, I stammered, "What do you want...?"

"What do I want? I want to know what the hell you're hiding from me."

"It's none of your buisness, Turkey. Now please-" I was caught off guard when a hand suddenly snatched the box with the ring from me.

"Where did you get this?" Bulgaria's aggressive voice interrogated me.

"You were on Earth, weren't you?" Turkey assumed, pointing straight at my head.

"I-"

"Actually, I don't need an answer. I know who this is for."

Bulgaria tossed the box to Turkey, who opened it carefully and viewed the shiny contents. He stared at it in awe for a couple seconds, gazing at the fine metalwork before resuming his inquisitive looks.

"This is for Austro-Hungarian Empire, am I right?"

"Yes, but-"

A thrilled grin creeped up the corners of his face, his eyes growing wider. Without warning, he yelled, "HEY AUSTRIA-HUNGARY! GERMANY HAS-"

Thinking fast, I pulled him towards me and clasped my hand over his mouth.

"Can you please keep your dreaded mouth shut about this? It's not polite to yell out something that's meant to be a secret," I pleaded, panicked out of my mind. Turkey desperately nodded his head before I let him go. He scratched the back of his head and asked, "So when are you going to propose?"

I opened my mouth to respond, but I saw a pigeon diving at us in the distance, and it wasn't stopping.

"Duck," I said. Bulgaria and I got low, but Turkey stayed up in confusion.

"Duck? What do you mean 'duck'? I'm Turk-"

But it was too late. The pigeon flew straight into his face, messing up his hair and knocking his ancient fez from his head onto the ground. Turkey staggered back, choking on a few loose feathers that clouded his face.

"Now you know what it feels like when a shaggy pigeon flies straight in your face!" I laughed, standing up. Bulgaria snorted as Turkey pried the spooked pigeon from his head.

"Haha, very funny," he sniffed, plucking the note from the pigeon's back. Opening up the tiny scroll, he began to scan the note. He shrugged, and announced, "Romania's joining the war against us. It's fine, she's not that hard to fight."