Camping (SPOILERS FOR DEADENDIA BOOK 3!!)

—Before we get started, I wanted ti let you guys know that this chapter takes place in the Deadendia universe, not the Dead End universe! And it contains spoilers for Deadendia book 3, so if you haven't read but are planning to, don't read yet!

The day was warm. There was finally peace in the gang's lives. The planes were finally united, Peter was going to jail, and the gang could rest without having to worry about saving the world from a cult. The last ten years of Barney's life had been a blur, but he felt like he could finally be happy where he was now. He was sitting in the front seat of Asmodeous's van, leaning on the former demon king as they drove to wherever the wind took them. Barney's arm was around Logs, who was asleep and leaning on Barney. Barney himself felt like he was about to go to sleep. He pet the dog on his lap, smiling down at him. He was glad that his dog could finally have the rest he deserved without having to worry about saving the whole world. Life just felt right.

Courtney laid sprawled out in Norma's lap. Norma and Badyah were in the backseat just chatting it away. They were night owls. Asmodeous glanced over at Barney, smiling. He tapped the  pink-haired guy's shoulder. "Hey, you guys wanna stop somewhere? Maybe we should all set up camp." He suggested, getting a bit tired himself. Barney nodded. That wasn't a bad idea. The girls agreed as well.

after about twenty minutes of driving , the few who were still awake had found what seemed to be a nice camping spot.  Asmodeous parked the van, starting to get out. Barney tapped Logan, smiling at him with a big goofy grin. "Hey, lovely, we are gonna camp out for the night. Ya wanna get up for a bit?" Barney asks. He was met by grumbles and a slow headbbutt before the male finally got up. Barney picked up his sleeping dog, being careful not to wake the good boy up from his well-deserved slumber. The girls also got out, helping Azz grab some stuff from the trunk. They ended up just grabbing a few blankets. It was a nice night. It didn't look like it would rain.  Plus, stargazing would be nice.

They set up two blankets on the ground. One was for Norma, Badyah, and Courtney while the other was for Logan, Asmodeous, Barney, and Pugsley. Both Logs and Barney laid snuggled up to Asmodeous, pugsley curling up behind Barney. Logs looked over at his two boys. "Ahh. Now I can't sleep." Logs grumbled, reaching over Azz to hold Barney's hand. Barney appreciated this gesture. He let out another soft yawn, looking over at the other two.

Barney had something bothering him though. The three's relationship was weird. Not the relationship itself, but how it was being handled. He just wanted to talk about what they'd call each other and boundaries and stuff.  Barney laid his head on Azz's chest, letting a soft sigh escape his lips. "Okay.. we should probably talk about this." He says, letting out a warm breath of air, closing his eyes. "I know we just got back to what's supposed to be our regular lives, but we need to talk about us." He started. He talked in a low voice to not bother the girls and Courtney.

Azz agreed. "Yeah.. I don't want anything to like. Be weird between us. I don't want you guys to think you HAVE to give me the same amount of attention you would each other to avoid hurting my feelings.." Azz went on. He didn't want to feel like a third wheel just because he liked both the other guys.

Logan let out a soft sigh. "No- It's not like that at all. Sure the dynamic will be different because me and Barnes have been together for a while, But this does feel right. For all of us to be together, ya know?" Logs spoke, placing a kiss on Asmodeous' cheek. He didn't want Azz to feel as if he was a second thought.

Barney agreed with Logs. "Yeah! No way. I'd never do that. I just want to make sure we are on the same page and discuss like.. boundaries and stuff. I'm sorry. I've never been in a poly relationship.. or whatever this is. But I do love both of you." Barney started. "I just wanted to make sure we all agreed on our relationship type."

Azz smiled with his pointy teeth showing. The two were doing a good job at making him feel loved so far. "Hmm. I think a poly couple fits. It's just whatever you guys think."

"I think we should just be us, ya know? This is just love. We don't have to put a name on it." Logs added, snuggling closer to Asmodeous.

Barney nodded. "Well said babe. I like that." Barney exclaimed, his eyes dimming as he grew a bit more tired. "We should probably talk about out boundaries next." Barney added. "First of all, This is a closed relationship. I'm not comfortable with you guys talking romantically to anyone else. And if you start to like someone, bring it up with us. Communication is really important, I'm assuming it's even more important with a relationship containing more than two people." Barney was really serious about this.

"Of course! Just because I like both of you doesn't mean I will feel the same with anyone else." Azz said defensively. He had felt these feelings about the two for a long while now, and he did not plan on hurting them with talking to someone else.

"I would like to emphasize on the communication.." Logs said before giving Barney a knowing glare. Barney was notoriously bad at communication.

"Ugh! I know. I know. I'm trying to get better." Barney rolled his eyes. They continued to chat about their personal boundaries.

The rest of the night was filled with tons of cuddles and discussions about their newfound relationship. The trio knew it would be difficult navigating through the hardships of being a throuple, but they knew they could do it. They had all the time in the world now that their angel/demon war mess was ended for good. They could just all be people now, and it was better for everyone this way.