Chapter 5- She's An Angel

A/N's Owen has already left Claire's house

Claire's POV
***
'I can't believe I gave into Kate's threat. I broke up with Owen. Oh god I'm so stupid. But I don't want to ruin his relationship with his daughter either. I'm so confused. Maybe I should talk with Owen again. No I couldn't. I wouldn't. Should I? No. God. I'm in a mental war with myself. You know what'- my thoughts got interrupted when the door bell rang. I quickly wiped my eyes from the tears that flowed freely. I opened the door to greet Kate.

"Aw look at you! So... weak," she growled.

"Leave me alone, Kate. I broke up with your dad there's nothing between us now," I got choked up saying that we weren't together anymore. I do miss him.

"You came into my life just like that, and now you broke my dad's heart just like that. Wow. Just wow. That's shallow!"

"I did what was best!" I shouted back.

She pushed me on the ground. I fell hard right on my ankle and it twisted ways a ankle shouldn't twist. I knew it was either broken or sprained but I couldn't think about the agonizing pain at the moment. I made a drastic move and fought back. I pushed her with all my mite and she fell down the three cement steps onto a hard cement ground.

"Kate!"

It was Owen. Oh god.

"Kate!"

I heard him cry again. He was running towards us. How much did he see?

"Claire! How dare you push my daughter! She did nothing to you! She's an angel!"

"Owen-"

"No! Don't 'Owen' me! C'mon Kate," he said picking Kate up and leaving me standing along. My mouth was open and my eyes were wide. Why does everything bad have to happen to me!