Ep. 1: New Arrivals

Thomas and friends owned by Mattel.

Videos belong to there respective owners.

Adam Narrating: During the 1960s, preservation was spreading all across Britain's rail network. Steam engines were being scrapped nationwide, but some were willing to save them. Others would just be repairing or restoring old lines that had been forgotten or were recently closed by the Beeching Act. There was once a man known as James Matthew Stanier who used to work in a workshop for engines with his father in his late teen years but eventually, he grew tired of his job and wanted to live his lifelong dream of owning his own railway. He had always been fascinated by the railways and always dreamt of having one of his own, he was able to purchase a good section of the line, but it wasn't enough, he wanted to expand his railway and make it as if it was a proper business. With some persuasion from the railway board, he managed to get a whole section of railway lines from the Midlands to a connection at Barrow n Furness in England. and the company was known as The Great Midland Railway. By 1967 the Great Midland Railway was the second-biggest steam railway in the country. Of course, no one knew better than us engines who had all been preserved one or another and did our best to do our work just like we had done before. There were ten of us at this time. There was me, Adam the black 5, the first ever engine purchased for the line. There's Tyson, our main express engine. Being a Peppercorn A1, he fit the bill. A friendly engine but could be boastful at times and wasn't a fan of trucks. We also have several heavy goods engines. First is Max, my younger 8f cousin. He's a bit of a worrier and can sometimes lack confidence, but he has a big heart and looks up to his cousins and the other engines and is a hard worker nonetheless. We have 2 twins 9f's Big G and Evening Star. Big G or Biggs as he is sometimes called was the definition of a BFG but his anger does have a limit at times and he is rather protective of his sister and not the biggest fan of passengers, as to him they only complained. Evening Star or Eve as we called her was a true dear. She didn't mind what work she did whether it was pulling passengers or heavy goods. She would also do rail tours on occasion.

(Shows a 2MT tender engine at a harbor getting ready to depart)

Adam Narrating: That's Tayler, being built back in 1956 she was the second youngest of the fleet and she tended to have a bit of a temper when things didn't go "her way".

(Guard's whistle blows)

Taylor: Oh finally that felt like forever (departs) blasted guard, any longer and we would have been late waiting for that moron!

Adam Narrating: We also have two 2MT Ivatt tank engines, Victoria who runs her own branch line that runs to different towns and farms and then there's her older but quite cocker brother Charlie, our station pilot at our big station. And finally Bryan and Ryan, twin standard class 5's who couldn't be without the other. Together we are a great crew striving to show the world the beauty that is preservation in full swing. While we were proud of our work, sometimes even we would need more help.

(Cuts to a scene of the sheds in the morning where all the engines were talking)

Adam Narrating: One morning we were all getting ready for work, and we were debating on the current workload.

Ryan: Phew, I don't know about you guys but I'm starting to feel the struggle with the goods work.

Adam: Yeah we all feel it, on goods and passengers.

Taylor: Pah! I don't know what you two are talking about. I'm not complaining about the work you two are just being lazy.

Big G: That's rich coming from you Taylor because you've always complained about being overworked even though we all share the load.