The Inventor and the Killer(s) [#8]

Gustaaf took a break from work for a few days. He had to mentally prepare for the upcoming job with Nova Emeral, and his cuts needed time to fade into scars.
He'd been sleeping at Evelien's still, though he'd been hiding in a closet to sleep rather than in the floor beside her bed after a close call with her parents.
Evelien was more than happy, ecstatic even, to host Gustaaf.
One other thing he had been taking a break for... The envelope.
He'd brushed it off the first few days, though thinking about opening it more than once, but for some reason, it felt like it would be losing a sort of battle to open it.
It had been the night of the sixth day after the farm got raided. Evelien returned home, opening up into her room to see Gustaaf doing sit-ups without a shirt on.

Not that it mattered, since his whole body was still smothered in worn out white bandage, but Evelien's face flushed red, and she couldn't bring herself to look directly at him besides glances.
"I went out and got you these." Evelien said casually, before passing Gustaaf a piece of looseleaf paper.
A contract. Nothing much, just a request to get rid of a rival business owner. No special details, a modest payment.
He let his neutral expression go slightly positive for a moment before remembering he was supposed to be resting.
"Hmm... I don't know..." Gustaaf said apprehensively.

"It'd give you something to do, at least- And before you start yapping about your cuts, you're obviously quite spry considering;" Evelien gestured around at him on the ground doing sit-ups.
Gustaaf didn't really dislike the idea enough to continue to argue, so he stood up and stretched his back, his arms up in the air. His bandages inched up, showing the edges of the long scars across his body.

"Get me the most beat up cloak you got, it's not too long till the sun fully sets."
Gustaaf didn't have his normal red eye covers to change his deep green eyes, but the ragged and worn cloak reaching d isown to his knees that Evelien had loaned him helped keep his style look like it usually did; wild and, as the name suggests, Ragged. He found some old black leather shoes, and threw a few knife holes in the top to complete the look. He strapped his knife to his side.

Evelien waited by her room's window to close it behind Gustaaf, as her parents were home and so the front door was an impossibility. She smiled at the sight his outfit,
"Looks like you're back in the swing of things, huh Gustaaf?"

Gustaaf shrugged, "Guess so."
Evelien slid open the window, Gustaaf stepped up to it, cloak billowing in the light breeze. Evelien stared at him for a moment, raising her eyebrow, like expecting something from Gustaaf.
Gustaaf looked at her briefly, giving her a blank stare, his emerald green eyes beaming into her light brown, then lightly smirked before hopping out the window.

Gustaaf checked the contract once more; Bramblehaven district, third street, fifteenth building down. He headed down main street down south for a while, then turned down what should have been the right street.

He kept in the shadows, making the sharp turn around the building. Gustaaf saw something white blur in his peripheral vision, but when he glanced over at the alleyway it had came from whatever it was disappeared.
Gustaaf paused for a moment to try and recall anything about the blur, then gave up and continued on to the victim's home.
A simple one-storied home with a small workshop attachment of the side.

He approached, dancing through shadows like a snake in ambush, up to a window on the workshop. To his surprise, a single large candle stood lit on a small tinkering table.
The candle illuminated a tall lanky man who was bent over the table, face black with soot from messing with some small device. The room was cluttered and slam full of metallic junk and machinery, some only shown by small glints of reflected light from the candle.
An inventor. A rarity in Emeral. The sort to get scoffed and laughed at.

Gustaaf saw that by it's reflective surface there was a small side door inside into the tiny workshop, so he decided to pick the lock to the front door.
As the door clicked open, Gustaaf suddenly felt he was being watched, whipping out his blade, and quickly scanning over the area behind him.