21

Mason
We stopped in front of a big building. It was an office and I clearly believed that it belonged to the hearts. I had never been here before so I actually didn't know they had this.

Kinsey got out of the car and I followed behind her. She walked in hurriedly and I found it hard to keep up with her. What was up with her today,she was behaving like she didn't have anyone following her around.

She walked into the building and everyone greeted her. She didn't respond to any one and I could feel her anger increasing with the sound of her heels. She walked past so many people and got into an elevator. I walked in quickly before it closed and we ascended.

We were both silent and I wasn't comfortable with the silence. I guess I was better off in an awkward conversation with Lucy.

The door got opened and Kinsey walked into the office room. I gaped at the humongous size of the office. There was a chair that twirled in front of a table and two other chairs behind it.

At the side of the room was a long couch and a telephone. I threw my hats off as I saw the big window close to the wall. I went to stand close to it and I had a large view of the things happening outside.

I glanced over at Kinsey as she went straight to her cupboard searching for files. She threw so many away and I dimmed them useless. She then came to a stop as she read through this particular blue file she held.

"Ann!!",she yelled and a small structured girl ran into the office.
"The bloody hell with all of you,you all are so useless",she yelled as she threw the file at the Ann girl. I had never seen this side of Kinsey before and for the first time in my life I felt scared of her.
"Meeting at the board room now",she said as she left the office and I ran after her again.

This time we didn't use the elevator. I assumed she was too angry to wait patiently in an elevator so she walked no rather stomped on the stairs and then finally entered another office room.

Only that this was a bit different from a normal office. There was a long table at the middle of the room surrounded by so many chairs. Kinsey sat down at the middle chair signalling being the boss or something like that.

She stomped her feet heavily on the ground waiting and trying her best not to go completely insane.

People started coming in and as they noticed the stares they got from their boss they hurried in their steps. Everyone was finally sitted and poor Ann stood very close to the fuming Kinsey.

"You're directing the marketing team right?",she asked a man and me nodded.
"Good. And how many purchases have you made in the last six months!",shs questioned.

"Countless actually ma'am"he replied and Kinsey turned away from him.

"You head the graphics and designing team right?",she asked another girl and she nodded.
"How many times have you bought and sold in the last six months?",she asked the same thing again.

"A lot of times "she replied and Kinsey stood up.

"I never knew I had such a useless workers here at the office ",she shot sending shivers down a lot of their spine.
"Were any of you aware that our office accounts had been doctored?",she asked and each of them exchanged glances in surprise and she laughed.
"How would you all know. Purchases made by sending in money went to a fake account and from that very account a reduced amount of money would be sent to the real account. This dirty work has been going on my six fucking months and no one noticed".

"We had no idea",some one said and Kinsey shot him a stare.

"What the hell are you telling me. You all can't tell me that things didn't look weird with the account. I just came in today and I know so much so therefore you have absolutely no right to justify yourself ",she said.
"Infact all of you are fired",she yelled.

"Kinsey control yourself ",i heard uncle Dean said as he held her hand. Where did he come from.

"Uncle how do you want me to do that?".

"Firing them won't solve this problem. We should look for a way to shut down that account and get the people behind this. They shouldn't suffer for someone else's crime",he said and Kinsey took a very deep breath.

"I have to go",she said and she left the room. I walked out of the meeting room but had lost sight of Kinsey.

"I didn't know you'd be here",Dean said as he stood behind me.

"I uhh....came with Kinsey",i said.

"She looks very mad today,I think she needs a little space",he said and I nodded.
"You know after all Kinsey never wanted a bodyguard in the first place,she could always handle herself",he added and I found myself looking at him. Why was he telling me this.

"Space is all she needs and I'll give to her",i said trying not to sound rude and I left him there.

I went back to her office and saw her sitting on her sofa. I went out and came back shortly holding a glass of juice in my hand. I walked in and stretched my hand to give it to her.

She looked up to me and g tried hard to smile but it didn't just work out. I didn't mind cause I understood she was not in the right mood. She took the justice form me and sipped it slowly.

"Did I overreact in there earlier?",she asked finally breaking the silence between us. I would've said yes she did but seeing the way the situation was I decided against it.

"It was your emotion,no one can judge you for that",I said.

"This person is truly despicable", she said.
"And all I wanna do is get him and rip his face off".

"You mean hand him over to the police ",I said quickly unsure of what she planned to do with the culprit.

"Yh sure whatever ".

"Oh my God",i said and she laughed at my sudden expression. Oh ohh disgusted face turned into a smiley face as I saw she was finally laughing.

"I'm happy you're laughing",i said and she hit me softly. She tapped the couch signalling for me to sit next to her and I did.

"I'm sorry for behaving like a jerk earlier",she said softly.

"I was surprised at you today but I won't hold it against you",i said and she held my hand.

"I was very pissed when I saw you talking to Lucy outside the house. It's as tho she wants to force herself back into you and Lily's life",she said.

"Even if she does it can't just be the same anymore".

"Lily will be more close to her than me and then you'll end up falling for her again ",she blurted and i looked at her.

"Will it be a bad thing if I fall for her?",I asked and Kinsey looked at me softly.

"I wouldn't be a bad thing but I most definitely wouldn't be happy if you did",she said and she startled.
"What I mean is I wouldn't like thinking she could leave your life anytime and her space would still be left open",she added quickly and i smiled.

"Wouldn't want that huh ",I said.
"But what if I say that the space has been completely filled",i said not taking my eyes off hers.

"Kinsey I ....",her dad said as he barged into the office and I stood up immediately.

"Dad", Kinsey said gulping hard.............