Holi Hai

Smriti's POV
God when I saw Pez struggling to pick the barbell from her chest I was scared that something might happen to her. It was like I was not able to breathe until the doctor gave her green signal. After a long time today i felt scared. I vowed that i will not be the little innocent girl who feels stupid emotions that makes her feel weak. But today i was scared for losing her and it was first time i felt fear of losing someone. She unknowingly became an important part in my life. I don't believe in god but today i am literally grateful of god for protecting Pez from any sort of injury. When she hugged me in gratitude it was like the world faded away and it was just me and her. I just wanted to hold her really close to my heart and never let her go. Her hugs are some of my rarest possessions that i keep closer in my heart.

Today is Holi and there was a time when it was my favourite festival but my 10 years old self would be in shock to know that her 27 years old self does not like colours. Just how fast the night changes that the little innocent girl transformed into an ice lady, I could not comprehend when it happened but here I am today but I am just I can't change my past, but I can definitely shape myself for the better for being the better version of myself because this world is really harsh and dark so to survive it I needed to be the best, I did everything for it. I'm not gonna say I'm proud of myself but at the end I faced the harsh reality of the world alone and thrived in the flames of darkness.

Dining room....
Everybody was having breakfast but today the room was buzzing with enthusiasm and energy due to holi party that was held in the noon. I glanced at Pez as she was sitting right across the adjoining table. She was completely invested in the talk with Sophie and Knight that she was not aware of her surroundings at all. She has not once glanced at me throughout the breakfast. Is she ignoring me? Wait why am i feeling so disappointed about it though. I was lost in my thoughts when suddenly her voice caught my attention.

" Guys today is going to be blast. I am really excited to play holi as it is my first time playing it.( she said giggling and i was just looking at her as she is the most priced possession in the world) this was something i wanted to do for a long time now finally i can tick it off from my Wishlist" she said
Wait did she said Wishlist oh now i am interested about what wishes she have that are needed to tick off.
"Don't worry we will enjoy to the fullest so that the first one would be the most memorable one for you" said Heather Knight placing a hand on Pez's shoulder and smiled at her and Pez returned the action by placing her hand over it.

Wait why is she smiling so much while talking to Knight. And was there any need to place her hand above Knights hand. Why is she allowing her to touch her? Wait why am i getting jealous pf Knight. This jealousy is so not me (I said sighing and face palming myself)she is not mine so who am i to stop her from doing anything in life.

Pez's POV

Time skip...
Noon

Everyone was ready for the festival. They went to the backyard for playing as all the arrangements were made over there.

Everyone joined and started playing except one person. My eyes were searching for her in the crowd. Where are you Mandy. Please don't let her skip this one god. I prayed silently. And when my hopes were diminishing that she would arrive suddenly someone entered wearing a faded purple shirt and shorts. Damn Miss Mandhana always fashionably late. I thought rolling my eyes. She came and stood at the farthest end of the lawn. I have heard that close person should be first one to put colours. So as i went near her. I saw her rejecting anyone who came to apply colours on her. So i was but skeptical for following my instincts but then after few moments i made my mind that the first colours applied on her would be by me. So i went with a fist full of red colour.

" Hey Mandy" i said she turned towards me looking so cute with that doe eyes.
" oh hey Pez" she said
" happy holii Mandyyy" saying this i instantly threw colours on her. I was waiting for her to explode her anger on me but to my surprise she did nothing of that sort. She just smiled a little and went from there. I frowned she did not apply any colours on me. I thought with a sad pout.

Then i saw Knight bouncing towards me and was going to apply colours on me but suddenly Mandy came in between and all the colours were now dumped on her.

I was shocked to say the least why would she do that

I was shocked to say the least why would she do that. She gave Knight a tight lipped smile and Knight smiled as she understood what was happening and left and then Mandy turned towards me and applied some colour on my cheeks gently. I looked in her eyes and saw care and softness in them.

" Happy holi Pez

" Happy holi Pez. I am grateful for being the first person to apply colours on you." She said softly and then went from there. Leaving me baffled that she would notice such a thing and i smiled thinking how she was jealous of Knight in morning as she was throwing daggers in her direction. Now also she did not let her come closure to me and applied it first. God this beauty is something else(chuckling) hard for the world but a really softy for closed ones. I think i now come in that list too. God my jealous Mandy is making me fall for her more. I thought smiling and then I resumed playing holi as it is the best day of my life made special by one and only Mandy my Mandy.

So we saw a jealous Smriti

So we saw a jealous Smriti. It looks like the feelings are not so one sided now let's see who has the guts to confess it first. Are they ready for it or is it to soon. All will be revealed soon. Thanks