CHAPTER 41- IM NOT SPECIAL

Cherry drags Derrick along as they pass attraction after attraction. Soon enough, Cherry eventually found the bakery that Julia had recommended to her as she and Derrick stood in front of a storefront that awaited customers. "Here it is! Wow, it looks so pretty!" she comments as she admires the outside view of the store. It wasn't as grand as other establishments, but it makes up for it with cozy and nostalgic vibes, which are complemented by the aroma of the pastries that it sells. "I guess it sure is..." Derrick would also comment, but it was lackluster as he still had his mind on something.

"Do you want to head inside to eat?" he asks the girl, to which they respond by immediately pulling them into the store. "Do I!?" she would exclaim as she barges through the door and heads quickly over to the counter with him as she admires all of the pastries displayed up front. "They got everything!"" Cherry couldn't help but smile at the sight. Just thinking about all these pastries being accessible to her, she'd be remiss if she wasn't through the moon by this point. "Derrick, what do you want?" She would ask him as she let him pick from the assortment of food. "Oh, uhmm... I'll make the chocolate cross," he tells her. Despite the simple pick, it was something he hadn't had before.

Cherry, on the other hand, would go and order as much as she wanted, as she zips and whizzes all over the place as she orders everything. "I'll take this one, and this one, oh, and I'll definitely get this one," she would say as she zipped around. Derrick would see this and know the train wasn't going to stop there. So he decides to just go get them two seats while she orders the stuff. Derrick finds a vacant table close to the window, which he takes just for the sights. As he looks out, he sees the residents of the kingdom walking down the sidewalk.

"Well, it's going to be a while until our order gets here, so we've got to wait a bit for that." Cherry comes in, finally done ordering her stuff, as she takes a seat across from him. "Well, considering you got one of everything, I think I know why. ha ha!" Derrick would say as he chuckled with her. "Oh, c'mon, I gotta at least try some while we're here," she would reason as she downplays the anticipation of having to try sweets. "I get you, but one of everything on the menu?" Derrick would add. Seeing how big that order would've been, they'd be paying double or triple the amount of what they had. "If you're worried about money, don't be. I can take care of it," she would say, boasting her wealth to him like a trophy, which he didn't mind all that much. All he considered money to be were just some rocks processed into tiny circles to use as currency; what he truly saw the value of was what it used to be.

"So Derrick, can we talk about Pyxis for a second?" she would say, which sets him off a bit. Even when he's not with him, Pyxis still happens to be the center of focus. Luckily, he would soon find out what she wanted to talk about him for. "What about pyxis?" Derrick would ask. Was he too obvious with it? Was he not low-key enough that she found him out? No, but it did give him the fright of hearing it. "I'm just not too sure about him, y'know? I just feel like he's trying to do something," she would tell him. which made Derrick relieved for a moment before realizing that Cherry was feeling the same way as he did. "Right, that's what I'm saying!" he would say back, as they both thought they were on the same page.

"Yeah, its kind of weird he just showed up out of nowhere, right?" She would preface as she leaned back to her chair. "Yeah, but I mean, you're kind of in the same situation though," he would point out. The two did just enter the party recently, both reasons being that the group had to do something or needed something from them. but Cherry knew the case as she defended it, no problem. "Yeah, but I know you personally for the hours we spent together. Plus, Pyxis kind of forced his way into our conversation, and that drunkard obviously ableing him makes me want to beat him in his stupid stubbly face!" Cherry would then air out her grievances with the lad as she crossed her arms. "Tetsuga... yeah," Derrick would say, but Cherry noticed something when he did. As he said his name, Derrick almost immediately went into deep thought. as if mulling about something. Now this wouldn't do at all; she needed him to speak up about it.