𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝟭

Third person pov

"Delaney! Give it to me!" She heard a voice shout. "You think you can get it that easily from me?" Another voice said.

"I was told you wouldnt give in easily. No matter, no matter. I already have another plan up my sleeve"

"Whatever plans you have, it will all be a waste. So surrender, now." He said as he loaded his gun and pointed it at him.

"I see you have confidence, lets see should i shoot you first or your wife?" The guy asked and his eyes widened.

There was a scuffle. It all happened in a swift motion. A gunshot was heard and a woman with jet black hair laid on the ground with a pool of blood over her head.

"No... Saphire! Saphire, please don't leave me. Stay with me, Saph!" He said shaking her body, as if she would wake up. But she wouldn't. She couldn't even if she wanted.

"Oh, get over it Delaney!" The guy in black said, making him go mad. "You son of a bitch!" He said and shot him in the leg. That was a mistake. He should have shot his head.

And all that could be heard was a gunshot. Her father, Joan Delaney, laid lifeless beside her mother. She tried to get to them. But she couldnt. It was almost as if there was an invisible barrier preventing her to go over to the other side.

Everything around her went completely blank. She could hear some people talking. But it was muffled. She felt the world close in on her, slowly, slowly, slowly....

But then there was a beeping sound of a device. But it sounded more like an alarm than a beeping.

She woke up, drenched in cold sweat, breathing heavily. The alarm was still beeping. She quickly switched it off and checked the time. 7:30 a.m. She was late.

She looked herself in the mirror. Black hair, Blue eyes. She looked like that woman. Saphire. Her mother. Every night she gets the same dream. And every morning is as dreadful as ever.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.
"Ascella, if you are gonna take longer than 20 minutes, I am gonna break open this door and kick you out."

She rolled her eyes and started brushing her teeth. That was Jack. Her roommate, co-worker, partner in crime. In short, he was her everything.

"Ready for work?" He asked, as he was drinking his morning coffee

"Ready as ever"

Oh, you might be wondering who they are. They are spies. Both of them continuing their own parents' legacy. One willingly; the other with no choice.

They reached a building. It was a two story building that looks like a house but inside holds tons of mysteries. They stepped into the elevator in the house and entered the numbers "007"

The elevator's back door opened and a mechanical voice said "Welcome back, Nightshade and Ghost Cipher".

On entering, they were met with a bustling crowd of spies. It looked almost like a busy office. Everyone was panicking over something.

"What's happening?" Jack asked Gerald,who happened to walk past them.

"Oh my god! You guys are here! GUYS! THEY ARE HERE!" He shouted to the other spies and all their panic filled eyes turned onto them.

"Oh boy, here we go" Ascella sighed loudly. "What now? Someone trying to wage a war?" Ascella asked walking over to her desk and setting down her things. Jack did the same.

"Worse. Much much worse. The Red Ruby is gone." Gerald replied, a slight shiver in his tone.

Ascella turned around slowly and met all of their faces. Her face showed no emotion, but everyone could tell she was furious.

"Who was in the office when this happened?" Ascella asked gritting her teeth. Nobody responded and just when Ascella was about to shout, a voice interrupted her.

"What's going on here?" It was Elias Olson, the head of the department. Basically the peacekeeper of the country and this department. (Mostly this department)

"Olson, someone didnt do their guard duty right and let slip of the-" Jack began furiously but was cut off by Olson immediately.

"Relax, my dear boy. Is a ruby really worth having a fight with your dear friends?" Ascella rolled her eyes at the word "friends".

"Listen, these are tough times. The least we can do is trust those around us." Olson said, and looked over at Jack and Ascella.

"You two, to my office, now." Ascella and Jack entered his office and took their seats infront of him.

The first few minutes were awkwardly silent but it was cut sharply by Ascella asking "Are you going to be silent forever or are you going to talk?"

"Oh, you never change do you?" Olson scoffed. "Anyways, I'll get straight to the point. The Red Ruby is being auctioned at the Ice Hotel. I need you two to find the person who is auctioning it."

"But, how do we know that that's the real ruby?" Jack asked

"We dont. We just have to get there and find out." Ascella said, not taking her eyes off Olson, who nodded.

"Damn, I guess we are in for another ride."