Gray fog

Ruby looked outside it was foggy nothing could be seen she looked at the pipe which was a gift given by a man she barely knew she hid it within the drawers, closets and out of sight.

"Ruby the duke wants you in the dining hall" Ruby did not answer rather she stood there starring at the pipe.

The maid left Ruby looked at the windows she took her chances so she took the pipe off and went to the gardens the fog was coming but she didn't care she went to the same lake which was now filled with silence not much.

"Little duckling?" Crimsons voice she turned around to find the crimson man holding a strange lantern "Your pipe I just want to return it" she handed out the pipe which Crimson took it from her "Take this lantern in my steed" he handed out his lantern "It would be wrong for a lady to go out all alone without a light" he offered Ruby swallowed her saliva and took the lantern the gesture was mutual.

"Will I ever see you again?" Ruby asked though it may seem scandalous Ruby just had to ask for this man's permission.

Crimson smiled "I am a mere lowly shadow that lurks within these halls" he smiled "if you want to find me you know where I live" the lake right.

Ruby smiled and waved as she walked away she looked back where the man once was he was gone Ruby felt chills run down her spine as she walked way with the bright red lantern to her room.

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

"Ah I meet a the little duckling tonight~" Crimson also known as the Athen of fate a clear gambler and manipulator but what's worse is that he's an echo.

Someone who had died.

Someone who died with emptiness and despair.

"So is boss going to make her his bride?" Crimson rolled his eyes "Nonsense I can have anything" he replied "But stealing someone's wife is too lowly even for me" he puffed out "what honor is it to my reputation hmm?" Crimson questions "That woman seemed lonely and I was being a gentleman to her nothing more" the demons all laughed.

Hells not half as bad as you may think only those who gambled their way have higher chances to successfully succeed without fail.

A famous dealer in hell Athen Goetia as they call him an European name but his accent was that of eastern.

"Boss three strikes in a row" the demon yelled.

Athen has many secrets to the outside world but in truth he's just a historian who died by accident a transmigrator typical (m/yn).

He admired a woman who suffered so much in history that people would never bat an eye only a hundred years later would they have felt pity for the poor woman who brought a country down over her tired heart broken and used for blame and lust from men.

He meet his idol in the lake where he made a move on her well more like trying to be casual without making her uncomfortable.

Athen previously M y/n walked out in the same lake every time he gets he saw Ruby alone and sad he would try to bring out of the ordinary stuff to entertain her the pipe was a mistake as he didn't expect anything else to offer her.

"Athen we got another one!" Called out a demon who held a chain around another demon.

Athen laughed "Well shall we make a deal?"