The Deal

Alastor's POV:

I looked up at Aadya, dumbfounded. What did she mean by that? Does she not know what exterminations were? How were she to know all these things about me and my radio broadcast but not know about the exterminations that were killing the souls of hell off? This confused me. I looked into her eyes to search for answers, but to no avail, I got nothing. My smile hardened a bit as I copied her posture and sat closer to the table.

"Are you telling me you don't know?" I asked with a childish tone, attempting to lighten the mood.

Her face stiffened, taken aback at my reply. She didn't move her body, but her beautiful face created a crease as she frowned at me.

"Well, I wouldn't be asking if I knew, now, would I?" Aadya scoffed as she pushed back her chair and got up, beginning to pace back and forth. She gathered her thoughts, seeming as if she were having an inner debate with herself before coming back to the table to put her hands on the back of her chair, making direct eye contact with me with her right hip slightly popped out "When you say extermination, do you mean... the Angels are getting rid of the sin-ners?"

I looked away and toned my voice down a bit "More like killing over half of hells population but yes I'm afraid so my dear".

The beautiful girl awed in disbelief as she began to pace back in forth. She looked as if she were a boiling hot teapot about to lose its lid. She was about 6ft from the table until she did something totally unexpected. Aadya raged in anger and flung her left hand out to release magic, making the dinner table go flying against the wall, shattering everything on the table. I managed to remain sitting in my chair, as I watched the confused girl release her emotions. Again, she never failed to surprise me. I personally didn't know rage came with her package, but it is dully noted.

I chose to remain silent as I valued my life and had no upper hand in this situation as I was the one chained, at the mercy of someone much stronger than I was. She continued to pace some more, only hearing her heels clucking against the floor until she spoke with even more aggression than before.

"Those fucking liars! How could I ever believe them again? How naive can I possibly be? To think those fuck tards can ever do something right. Shame on me for ever thinking they changed from the last time". She sighed and took a deep breath, regaining her bearings and class.

I wish she would give me more so I can piece her together more accurately. As of right now, I'm completely lost about this whole situation. What could she mean by last time? Who was them? And why is she so worked up about the exterminations?

Aadya was starting to irritate me as when I thought I was finally starting to get a sense of who she was, she would throw something at me totally indifferent, which leads me back to where I was. Guessing.

I sighed. I crossed my legs and put an amused expression on my face. Don't get me wrong. All these puzzles and clues were entertaining in figuring this woman out.

The once angered Aadya returned to her natural, cool, calm, collective self. She dusted her dress off and stopped pacing. She striated back to where I was sitting and looked at me and smirked audaciously. With a wave of her hand, she created a chair before her and gracefully sat down and crossed her legs.

"Look Alastor, I am the Angel of Earth. I was sent down to look after and protect the human souls from spiritual harm, meaning when demons, or demonic beings are present, it is my duty to return them to hell or wherever they came from as they don't belong here on Earth".

She broke eye contact as she took a breath and continued.

"As I am the head Angel of earth, I have the authority to receive updates from Heaven and Hell, so I know what's going on and to be on look out if something with the soul transfer goes iffy, I'm there as assistance".