Chapter 1: The New Captain

Precinct 99 No POV

Wade was doing paperwork on a case he closed in his desk which was in front of Rosa's desk as he saw Jake and Amy come in with some criminals and locked them in the holding cell as he knew what was coming as Terry called everyone to the briefing room.

Jake: yes, I did crack the case. So, Santiago, would you do the honors?

Amy sighs as she stood up and changed the score board of Peralta 23 and Santiago 22 to Peralta 24 and Santiago 22.

Amy: I hate this!

Jake: ah, yeah.

Amy; I hate this.

Jake; and you're just gonna add one. I'm winning. It's a good feeling.

Amy went back on her seat.

Jake: it's a good feeling. Yeah.

Amy: enjoy it while it lasts.

Jake: I will!

Terry: JP, update on the Morgenthau Murder?

Jake: <stands up> yeah! Good news for all you murder fans. <walks to the TV and grabs the remote> earlier this morning... someone decided to shoot and kill luxury food importer Henry Morgenthau. Body was found by the cleaning lady, during her interview, I deduced, using expert detective work, that she had something super gross on her chin.

Jake switched the TV picture to a close up of the Lady's chin with that super gross thing. The rest of the squad all grown in disgust.

Boyle: I think it was Flan.

Jake: Charles thinks it was Flan. I think it was Butterscotch pudding.

Rosa: maybe it was just old person gunk. You know how old people always have that gunk on them.

Jake: oldie gunk. Could be, yeah. Anyone else?

Terry; how about we focus on the murder and not the old person gunk?

Amy: crime techs are at the scene now. We're heading back when they're done.

Terry: okay, I want you on this. It's gonna be priority one for the new C.O.

Rosa: wait, tell us about the new captain.

Terry: Captain Holt will be here soon. He'll wanna introduce himself. Dismissed.

Everyone got up and walked off as Jake walked to Wade.

Jake: hey, Wade, how do you think the new captain will be?

Wade: not sure really. Not all captains are the same. <Icy> and if we could choose one, it could be between serious and fun. <Hot Head> and I hope he doesn't remove the punching bag privileges! I'm gonna be so pissed if he did that!

Jake: right, Icy and Hot Head. I keep forgetting you two are there as well.

Wade: it happens, Jake, don't worry about it. I am a little worried the new captain will fire me for having three personalities.

Jake: I'm sure everything will be fine. Don't worry.

Wade: <Hot Head> you are saying that because you don't have three personalities, Jake! We are lucky the old Captain didn't judge us when we first came here but this Captain might be different!

Wade walked away as Jake held himself a little.

Jake: he's so scary.

Later

Amy: <goes to Jake's desk> hey, you heard anything about the new Captain?

Jake; uh, no, and I don't care. I just wish Captain McGintley never left, he was the best.