Part 9

Cady and Phoebe are on the back porch, painting a birdhouse together. Their grandparents had suggested the activity since they were both tense after the therapy sessions. Cady decides to bring up what M3gan said about Susanna. "So, M3gan told me to ask you about Susanna...." Phoebe nearly drops her paintbrush. "I can't believe she told you about that! Wait, when did you talk to her?"

"When you were at dance class. She just told me to ask you. That's it." What's the big deal? "Oh. Ok. I'm gonna have to discuss boundaries with her then. Where's my-?" A tearing sound is heard behind them. Georgia has the paper plate Phoebe had been using to mix colors. It must've blown off the table. Both girls panic. The paint said "nontoxic" on the labels, but did that include cats? "Georgia no! Bad kitty!" Cady picks up Georgia while Phoebe grabs the partially shredded plate. "We gotta bathe her now, don't we?"

"We?"

"Your cat, my plate. We're both responsible." So they decide to do it outside to prevent mess. They grab an old kitty pool left over from when the James's had a dog and fill it with water. Then they get towels, cat shampoo, wash cloths and a brush." Both cats jump into the water. "Told you that'd happen. Titi keeps trying to jump into the bathtub."

As they work, they talk. "So this thing with Susanna, spill it."

"I have a crush on her, alright!" Cady can't believe her twin would keep that from her. Cady has long suspected Phoebe was into girls, but never thought to ask about it. How does one even go about that? "So how's that going?"

"M3gan told me to start by building a friendship and looking for signs of reciprocation. The friendship's going pretty good. We have a lot in common. As for the signs she likes me, I have no clue." As much as Cady hates to admit it, the robot did give good advice here. "She's in my class. Maybe I could ask about you?"

"Um, ok."

Cady decides to address the elephant in the room. "Has M3gan said anything about Gemma..... or me?" Phoebe looks up from watching Titi and Georgia playing in the pool to look her sister in the eye. "She said Gemma having her career and reputation ruined is revenge enough."

"And me?" Phoebe sighs. "She wants to turn over a new leaf. You don't try to get rid of her, she won't mess with you."

"Ok, that's a good thing. What damage could she do on a tablet anyway?" If Cady only knew what was to come.