No Sympathy for the Devil

"Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name.
But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game."
- Guns N Roses: 'Sympathy for the Devil' (Sympathy for the Devil (Single) [1994])

~*~*~

Drilling area

Both Katy and Rose watched with abject horror as the Ood, as one, continued advancing upon not only them, but also Jefferson and his crewmen, who were attempting to hold them at bay with their guns pointed threateningly at them.

"Open fire!" Jefferson gave the order, and then he and the other security personnel start shooting at the possessed Ood. The planet suddenly stops shaking, and the overhead shutters slowly start sliding across, hiding the view of the Black Hole from them.

"We're stabilising. We've got orbit." Zach announces with relief. Immediately, both sisters run for the microphone connecting them to the Doctor.

"Doctor? Doctor, can you hear me?" Rose shouted desperately, exchanging a worried look with Katy when neither he nor Ida responded. "Doctor, Ida, are you there?!"

'Open door 25'.

The attack from the possessed Oods wasn't over yet, prompting Jefferson and his crew to aim at the door, prepared to open fire at the intruder coming through. They relaxed a little when Danny suddenly comes through the door, looking terrified.

"It's me!" He reassures. "But they're coming."

"Wonderful, that's all we need!" Katy groaned, warily.

'Close door 25'.

"It's the Ood. They've gone mad!" Danny revealed, and Jefferson focuses on him, the adrenaline of the last attack still pumping through his veins.

"How many of them?" He demands.

"All of them! All fifty!" Danny confirms. Jefferson attempts to shove past Danny to take care of the threat personally.

"Danny, out of the way. Out of the way!"

"But they're armed!" Danny stated. "It's the interface device. I don't know how, but they're using it as a weapon."

'Open door 25'.

Jefferson opens the door, followed by one of his crew members, only to jump back in horror when they see a bunch of Oods standing in wait behind the door. The lead Ood thrusts its globe onto the guard's forehead, electrocuting her to death. The poor frightened woman screams before dying. Jefferson immediately starts shooting to kill.

~*~*~

Control Room

'Close door 1'.