zero. break up

𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
prologue.
FINN'S POV 🍈

꒰ 🍵 ꒱  °˖ ⊹

"SO YOU and Quinn broke up? How come?" My little brother, Atlas, asks me as he shoots his basketball into the hoop.

"She's still into Connor." I tell him as I pass him the ball, and his jaw drops as he catches it.

"Maybe it's cause our whole family is named after the fucking ocean." He jokes as he tries to dribble around me, and I send him an unimpressed look, he raises his unoccupied hand in defense. "Sorry, sorry."

"Don't cuss, Atlas, you're 15." I scold, and he rolls his eyes as he shoots the ball once more.

"Just because you're a goody-two-shoes doesn't mean I have to be." He mumbles, checking the ball to me.

"That's not why we don't want you cussing." I sigh, "mom will be furious if she hears that."

"Dad cusses all the time!" Atlas argues, and I sigh.

"I know, I know. But you're not dad." I tell him, and he gives me a look.

"I know I'm not, I don't wanna be him either." Atlas mutters. "Anyways, are you two still friends? She was hot."

"Atlas!" I scold, and he mumbles something under his breath about me being sensitive. "You can't just say that!"

"What? She is!" He defends himself.

"She's dating Connor!" I grit as I attempt to block his shot, but he shoots over my hand and makes it in.

"What? Already? It's only been a few days!" Atlas says in disbelief, and I nod as I run a hand through my hair.

"I know, but that's why I broke up with her. I'm not upset about it, honestly. The two of them belong together." I shrug, and he places his basketball back in the garage.

We walk inside and he gets a glass of water, sitting down at the table to continue our conversation.

"Well sorry, man. I'm sure you'll find someone." He shrugs.

"Thanks." I mutter, and he goes on his phone. Presumably to text back the girls he refers to as his hoes... man freshman are weird.

Atlas was only two years younger than me, along with his twin, Faye. Coincidentally, she's the only one out of us three to not have an ocean-related name. Hers just means fairy or something.

Faye's newfound boyfriend, Alex, made me a little suspicious. He seems to be nice to Faye... but I've heard some interesting things come out of his mouth throughout the school year.

"Who's the girl of the week this time?" I ask as I sit across from Atlas.

He rolls his eyes. "It's been Marley for two weeks, Finnegan."

"Bro... my full name is literally Finn." I deadpan, and he nods.

"I know, but it's funnier to use Finnegan." He snorts, mass-snapping like 45 girls on snapchat.