one. invites.

𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
chapter one.
XOCHITL'S POV 🪷

꒰ 🏹 ꒱  °˖ ⊹

"XOCH!" BRADY shouts as I answer his FaceTime call, his girlfriend at his side.

"Brady!." I answer, reciprocating his excited tone. "What's up! We haven't talked in a little while."

I was currently visiting one of my friends in her home state, Colorado, so I hadn't been talking with any of my influencer friends or actor friends much. I'd been focused on spending time with Amelia.

"Hi Xochtil!" I hear Miya say happily from beside brady, and I smile.

"Hi Miya! How's things in Jersey?" i ask, and the pair of them shrug.

"Things are normal. Connor's back with Quinn." Brady tells me, and I raise an eyebrow.

"I thought she was with that blonde boy." I acknowledge, and Brady nods.

"She was... like two weeks ago. They broke up and like two days later connor asked her out, Finn was fine with it though." Miya explains.

Right, that was his name... Finn. I remember him, he's the boy who introduced himself and Quinn to me.

"When do you leave Colorado? I'm planning to have a small graduation party and want you there." Brady asks, and I smile.

"I head back to Cali in a week. Do you want me to change my flight to be to Jersey? My parents won't mind." I question, and Brady shrugs.

"Up to you, my party is in two weeks, so if you wanna come early that's fine." He answers.

"If you come early we could hang out!" Miya says excitedly, and I smile again.

"I'm absolutely coming to Jersey early!" I decide, and Amiya squeals.

Amiya and I had become great friends since she'd started dating brady, and I was extremely happy for them. They fit extremely well together, and I was shocked that they hadn't started dating sooner than they did.

Connor is with Quinn again, and I hear about them all the time from Miya and Brady. They're apparently endgame for each other, and I don't doubt it, I just feel... behind.

Everyone's in a relationship, my famous friends, my childhood friends... everyone. I don't really understand why everyone else is pairing off and I can't seem to find anyone.

I'm not jealous, per se... I just want to understand the hype of being in a relationship. But no matter what I do, it just seems like there's nobody out there is for me.

Maybe he just... hasn't met me yet. Maybe I'll meet him here in Colorado.

"Xoch? You listening?" Brady asks, and I snap out of my thoughts.

"Sorry, what? I spaced out." I mumble, and he waves me off.

"You're fine. I was just letting you know who will all be at my house when you come over." He explains.

"Oh, okay." I nod. "So who's going?"

"Obviously Miya, you, and Connor, and then Quinn, Skylar, Lucas, and Finn are coming over." Brady tells me. "Is there anyone else you'd like me to invite that you know?"