fourteen.

"Appa, what are you doing here?"

"I'm here to take you back—"

"what do you mean?"

"look."

on the newspaper, was Eomma, who was arrested for stealing with some famous gangs in the area.

"Appa," Dallia choked her sobs as she buried her face in her hands, "I'm--I'm sorry I didn't believe y-you—"

"my daughter," Appa cried as he hugged his daughter, "I forgive you, please don't cry, I love you so much."

Dallia embraced her father tightly as she continued to weep, "I'm so sorry, Appa."

going back to the house that she was dragged out of by Eomma felt so nostalgic.

everything was still the same.

the grand windows standing proudly, reflecting sunlight entering the mansion.

the bushes and trees surrounding the building, with bees, birds, and butterflies fluttering around.

when Dallia entered back into the house with Appa, she saw that everything was still the same.

the living room still had the same comfortable and vibing feeling.

the kitchen with marble counters was still polished with the blue glass vase sitting elegantly on it.

but one thing was different.

a woman came down the stairs with utter glee as she greeted Dallia, "Oh my god!! you must be Dallia, it's so nice to meet you!!!"

and Appa dropped the bomb on her, "this is Jung Seoyun, my girlfriend right now."

Dallia knew that she had no right to judge.

but it felt so wrong.

sure, her Eomma was a criminal and got into serious stuff and whatever, but how could her Appa move on so quickly like that, just like that?

people are really fast and cold sometimes.

"you're back with your Appa now, sweetheart?" Sunghoon's angelic voice was filled with surprise as his arm was wrapped around the petite girl's waist.

Dallia reply was short. "yeah."

"hey, you shouldn't judge your Appa's girlfriend so quickly," Sunghoon offered, "you never know if she's kindhearted on the inside without knowing her."

"alright," Dallia sighed in defeat, "you're probably right."

Sunghoon kissed Dallia's cheek lightly, "of course I am, darling."

"remember this place?"

Sunghoon took Dallia to the place where they first officially met, when the boy found the girl breaking down and crying.

"don't remind me of that, I looked ugly when I was crying," Dallia buried her face in her hands in embarassment. 

"you look so pretty, even when you are not your best self," Sunghoon complimented with a beam as he pulled out two of Dallia's favorite ice cream from behind his back: mint chocolate.

Dallia's eyes sparkled, "don't you hate mint chocolate ice cream though?"

"I'll love it for you."

the girl hit Sunghoon's arm lightly as her cheeks reddened, "stop being so cheesy!"

"but you're my darling sweetheart," Sunghoon flirted, laughing loudly at Dallia's expression.

she winced as she leaned her head against Sunghoon's shoulder.

"I think I've seen this scene before in a K-drama, so nostalgic," Sunghoon said, "wanna recreate it?"

and Dallia ran away from the boy, with Sunghoon laughing his head off as he effortlessly ran after her.