𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

For Ragnarök

〰〰〰𖠳 〰〰〰

"ℙℝ𝔼𝕋𝕋𝕐 good," Frida remarked from a distance within the cave, her gaze fixed on the stick statues of the group they had meticulously constructed. "Now, if I'm right, when we light these on fire, the Snow Wraith will think they're us and attack. Then we'll have the drop on it," she explained, her voice filled with anticipation. Before they could proceed, Snotlout interjected, his tone tinged with reluctance. "Wait, wait, wait! Look at how realistically gorgeous my statue is. I can't in good conscience send that into flames," he protested, a hint of jest in his voice. Just then, a gust of wind swept through the cave, knocking the head off Snotlout's statue.

Astor couldn't help but smirk. "I think that was an improvement," he quipped, earning a chuckle from Frida.

Turning to Toothless, Frida issued the command. "Alright, Toothless, light 'em up." Toothless complied, sending flames shooting towards the statues, engulfing them in fire. Snotlout, now wearing his helmet, lamented, "Somewhere in the world, a silent tear was just cried."

But before Fishlegs could voice his concerns, Frida's attention was drawn to something in the sky. "Wait, look!" she exclaimed as the Snow Wraith approached the fiery statues. "Okay, next time it comes in, we go." As the Snow Wraith descended, it destroyed the Snotlout statue, eliciting a furious response from the real Snotlout. "Oh, no, you did not!" he exclaimed, prompting Hookfang to cover himself in flames. However, the intense heat caused the icy roof to begin melting, sending shards of ice hurtling towards Toothless and the others.

With that, Toothless acted swiftly, grabbing Frida just in time and wrapping himself around her protectively. He swiftly carried them out of the cave to safety as the entrance crumbled and was covered by falling debris. Meanwhile, Astor and the rest of the group were still trapped inside the collapsing cave. Snotlout pounded on the ice wall, calling out urgently for his dragon.

"Hookfang, get over here now!" he shouted, his voice echoing through the cavern.

Toothless gently unwrapped himself from around Frida, who expressed her gratitude. But as she glanced behind Toothless, her eyes widened in alarm. "Toothless, look out!" she warned as she spotted the Snow Wraith approaching them from behind. Reacting quickly, Toothless shielded Frida with his body as the Snow Wraith soared over them. "If it can see our body heat, then we are way too easy a target out here," Frida remarked, her voice tinged with concern. Determined to level the playing field, she led Toothless to the burning statues.

"This should even the odds a little. It won't be able to make us out within the heat of these fires. Do your thing, bud," she instructed Toothless.