3

The three Cubs rushed and engulfed the stunned celestial monkey in a hug. Sun Wukong could pick up the mixed scent of honey peach and mango from the identical cubs. His mind are spiralling with a lot of assumptions of when, where and how did the cubs born. The golden furred celestial monkey didn't realise that his tail are swaying excitedly and quietly chirped. They're his. And he will protect them.

The cubs quickly let go and laughed nervously, "Sorry I- I mean we got excited to meet you! Not that we met before but we know you. My name is MK." The red headband cub rambled to the younger version of his mentor.

AK point his thumb at MK "that's the baby brother, I am PK. The second oldest, that grumpy guy over there is AK. Obviously the oldest." The red scarf cub explained before rolling his eyes. The painter version of OG huffed. Sun Wukong didn't manage to introduce himself. The introduction was cut short by the sound of rushing feets, "Demons!! You dare to attack this village?! I, The Zhu Ganglie will show you no mercy!!" The over dramatic pig demon swung his pitch fork. While the water demon beside him and the monk stared at the monkeys.

"Wukong, what's the meaning of this?" The monk questioned, gesturing his hand the cubs. Monkey King quickly shield the cubs instantly. "Master, please show mercy upon this cubs." The sun pilgrim pleaded to the yellow and orange robe monk. The monk stared at the cubs and Wukong. The three other monkeys seems to be almost the same height as his student. But the celestial monkey called them cubs. "We aren't cubs! We are twenty four! Basically grown adult!" One of the cubs complained behind the older monkey and moved away to pout. The monk examined the cub and see the similarities between Wukong and the cub. Sun Wukong frowned, "Hush, you are still a baby." The older monkey scolded and make sure the red scarf wearing cub hide behind him.

The monk suspected that the cubs are Sun Wukong's but unlike Tripitaka, the pig demon didn't believe whatever assumptions the monk have in his mind. "Don't be fooled master!! Those cubs are probably demons in disguise to lure and trick eldest brother!! But fear not, your student Zhu Ganglie will save the day!!" Zhu Bajie declared before rushing forward to attack. Although he seems heroic in the first few seconds, the golden furred celestial monkey ain't having his bullshit. Wukong grabbed the collar of the pink flesh demon and throw him away.

Bajie pitifully fell down to the ground and felt anger from the utter humiliation, "Oi, I am trying to safe you!!".

"I don't need your saving, piglet." Sun Wukong eyes turned red as he glared down at the demon that threatened the cubs. All the bravery that the pig demon have stored deflated immediately under the scorching glare of the red lava eyes. Luckily for the pig demon, things didn't escalate with the help of one of the cubs munching sounds that distracted the flaming eyes of the great sage equal to heaven. The pilgrims and monk all stared at MK, who they got introduced as the youngest being hand feed by his twins with dried fruits. Noticing the staring eyes, MK golden eyes flicker up under his eyelashes to look at them and quickly defend himself. "What? I am hungry." His voice muffled with the fruits he chew in his mouth. The great sage eyes soften and glazed with a glamour, turning it back to the same shade of gold just like the cub's eyes. He was even surprised that the cubs aren't terrified by his demonic red eyes, a gift left by the burning furnace.

"Master may I please request a favour for the cubs to travel with us?" Wukong kowtow.

The human eyes turn into crescent upon the protective and soft behaviour his student is revealing and asked "Are their yours for you to keep?". Eyes as clear as the shining stars stare at the black eyes of his mentor before replying "Yes, master."

"Then I have no right to decide upon their well being. From today onwards you're to care for them, do you understand pilgrim sun?" The monk questioned.

"Really? We are letting cubs joining our dangerous journey to the west?" Zhu Bajie who already pick himself up questioned the illogical thinking but this time the water demon muttered, "senior brother, if you keep opposing the cubs. Eldest brother will try to kill you.". Leaving the pink flesh demon to snort.

"Yes I understand master." The great sage replied and glare the pig demon. They all returned to the inn. Wukong convinced the cubs to tag along to eat dinner. Vegetarian food aren't a crime, MK know that because most of the food he ate is vegetarian. Because his adoptive father is a pig demon or a descendants of the pilgrim Zhu Bajie. What really bothered the cub to the point of not eating more than a chopstick full is the taste is so bland he's sure it's just water in it. His tongue that already a customized with the rich seasoning food are tortured by it. The monk looks at the untouched food of the red headband cub while the other cubs try to feed him. But MK only shake his head no. The monk frowned with disapproval.

"Of course he's picky." Zhu Bajie muttered under his breath. Maybe the pig demon words influenced the monk to speak up, "Do you not like the food?" The monk asked. Now even the great sage feels a little nervous for the cubs.

"We follow the way of Buddhism. We do not eat meat-" the monk continued explaining with a stiff tone but quickly got cut by the red scarf wearing cub. "Oh, no, no, no!! It's not the vegetarian food monk man!! We are raised to eat foods with rich seasoning. So bland food is... How do I say it.... Undesirable for our stomach, yeah that!" The party lover cub explained.

"Bland? Not possible. We already used our reserved salt to serve food for the travelling monk and pilgrims!" The human waiter argued before rushing to the kitchen and back to show the raw stick of salt.

The painter stared down at the unrefined salt with disgust, "You call that salt? Please, our salt are much more refined than that." The red bandana cub rolled his eyes. "Not just salt, this food is terribly lacking. If there's chili we can have hot pot!!" PK added.

Zhu Bajie stare at the cub with bewilderment. A stick of salt cost a fortune. And the cubs claimed to have something finer than it? "Refined salt? Are you rich or something?" "Not rich, but is assigned as the heir of a rich guy that have a cave filled with golds and treasures." MK said, technically not lying. He is the successor of the monkey king, Sun Wukong. Eventually those treasures will be inherited by him. While the cubs bragged, the great sage is thinking more about the cubs and Mihou. Even after their argument and breaks up. The cubs somehow born and Mihou take care of them, even giving them the finest luxurious from his treasury. If he meet macaque again he want to kiss the shadow manipulator for being loveable mate. "The food may not taste as good as your homemade food. But there's no reason to be picky. Eat more." It was not an advice on the monk part. It was more of a demand.

A growl threatened to get out of Wukong's throat but the great sage manage to suppress the sound. He doesn't like how the human try to boss his cubs. But he will tolerate it for now. Just until he can get the cursed crown out of his head. The youngest cub, MK forced to eat more while silently mourning by muttering "I miss noodles." under his breath.

------------------------------------

Previous Chapter :
Macaque : Wukong take care of our cubs, I love him!!

Present Chapter :
Wukong : Mihou take care of our cubs, I love him!!

The cubs : No, we are raised by Pigsy.