Chapter 15-Unsettled Shadows

Previous Chapter:

"Yes, but Hyoyeon, that was a bit hard, I almost fell" Y/n said chuckling

They all got in the car and headed off back to the dorm, ready to rest.

This Chapter:

September 8th 2007

The girls will practice "Into the New World" as usual and their newly unreleased song "Girls Generation" during the entire rehearsal day.

Then it was break

"Can't believe we've been at this for 6 hours I think I might faint" Y/n said eating a packet of candy.

"Hey those snacks were supposed to be for later Y/n" Yuri said taking some out of the bag

"And yet you're taking some"

"Only this one time, I don't wanna gain weight, you're lucky you don't gain weight at all" Yuri said

Y/n shrugged continuing to eat

Yoona wasn't at practice since she was working on her first acting bit

The girls would be lying if they said they weren't jealous but they hoped they would get opportunities later

Y/n is talking with Seohyun

"Hey Y/n I've been meaning to ask you something" Seohyun said

"Sure what is it?"

"That Minjun guy, you still dating him?" She asked

"No we called it quits, it just didn't work out, plus we debuted now so I can't" Y/n reminding about the breakup

Flashback

Minjun walked cautiously toward the park seat where he and Y/n had spent so many days together as the sun sank below the horizon. She was there already, hands fiddling, gaze locked on the ground.

"Y/n..." Minjun said softly taking a seat beside her

Minjun took a deep breath, his heart was heavy with the weight of words he was about to say "We need to talk..."

Y/n's heart sank, but she nodded, bracing herself for what was to come.

"It's about us" Minjun began his voice strained "my parents... they've been pushing me to focus more on my sports activities you know athletics and all they think it's my ticket to a better future."

Y/n's brows furrowed, with a confused expression on her face "But what does that have to do with us?"

Minjun hesitated, his gaze dropping to his hands. "They want me to prioritize it over everything else, and you know, you're about to debut so, you'll probably be busy and we can't see each other"

Tears came up in Y/n's eyes as she processed his words. "so... you're breaking up with me because of your parents?"

Minjun shook his head, anguish etched on his face. "No Y/n it's not like that... I... I love you, you know that. But I can't keep going against my parents. It's tearing me apart."

Y/n felt her heart fracture at his words, the pain searing through her chest. She had known their relationship wouldn't be easy especially with their diverging paths, but she hadn't expected it to end like this.

"I understand" Y/n said looking down "I don't want to be the reason you're torn between your dreams and your family."

Minjun reached out, his hand putting his hand on her shoulder "I'm so sorry Y/n, I never wanted to hurt you."