〰️ Grom🥀Pt 1〰️

Hunter's POV

I walked into Heckside with Gus.But something was off blue and yellow decorations scattered across the whole school. One big sign in the middle of the main hallway said 'GROM' in big bright letters. "What is going on?" I whispered to Gus. "Oh right ,I forgot you don't know what grom is,  well it a school dance that we have every year and every year someone is chosen as 'grom royalty'" Gus said doing air quotes. "But if you're chosen you have to face your greatest fear !" He said, his eyes going wide, almost like they were about to pop right out. "But mostly it's just a dance party, you can even get a date,"he said, smirking at me, raising his eyebrows at me smugly. "You gonna ask anyone ?" I asked, trying to change the subject of MY date. He came close to my ear as I leaned down so he could reach. "Matt" he mumbled, his cheeks flushing.

I rolled my eyes, snickering to myself "that dofus ?"I said holding back laughter. "Look he's nice when you get to know him" he said he smiled and he looked up at the ceiling. I waved my hand in front of his eyes "hello ?Gus time to come down from fantasyland" I smiled. He flinched and nodded "but if he breaks your heart I'll break his face !" I said punching the air with a 'serious' look on my face.We both laughed and walked to class.The bell rang as I dashed over to my locker excited to go to lunch. I'd finally see Willow ! I walked in with Gus and Luz as we walked in I heard her unmistakable voice "Hunter over here !" I turned around and saw Willow standing up, one hand on the table and the other waving at me. I could just tell the look on my face was dorky as hell. My whole face felt warm as me,Luz and Gus made our way over.

The other people at the table were Amity, not surprisingly,and Gus's crush Matt. The rest of us sat down as Willow explained who she thought would be Grom royalty. "What if it's you Luz ?" she asked. "I don't know and I don't care who it is, what I wanna know is who are y'all taking to Grom? I want details,"she said, rubbing her hands together evilly. " I don't know who I'm going with this year, I haven't ever had a date" Willow shrugged. "Makes sense what sane witch would go to Grom with a half-a-witch" I heard that annoying snarky little voice. "Can It smart-ass' ' Willow retorted, rolling her eyes Boscha's jaw dropped. Me and everyone else had a look on their face that said 'oh shit's gonna go down'. "If you think you can call me that and get away with it you have another thing com-" the P.A system noise cut her off.Everyone knew what this meant.

"Hello Heckside, Hope you are having a good day but stop what you are doing for just one second," there was no noise coming from the cafeteria I don't think anyone was even breathing. "We would like to give our highest Grom privilege to....Drum roll please" although nobody did do that ."This years  Grom queen is.." I almost can't handle the words that come next, nobody could.

"Willow Park, good luck  and may the odds be ever in your favour"

(I had to put the hunger games easter egg ok!?)

Time stopped, all eyes turned to Willow, she was shaking, her eyes were wide with horror.everyone's mouths were gaping open. "Well Grom is gonna have a yummy meal tonight, huh" Boscha said in her stupid snarky tone. Willow didn't bother to answer; she just walked off as whispers washed over the whole room. "Half-a-witch ?! ,Grom Queen !?" some muttered, "she'll be dead in a second", "her fear is probably an abomination" others snickered "How can you be afraid of something you are" .I got up and went to find her.After five minutes I found her sitting curled up in a ball on the ground outside fidgeting with a flower she had grown, before making a fist and squishing it to bits.

" nervous, huh?" I asked calmly as she looked up at me, her eyes glassy.She didn't respond, she just nodded. I sat down next to her playing with the dirt beneath me. "Look I know I don't know much about what's going to happen, but I know you" I said leaning to one said bumping my shoulder with her's "and I know you can do it, repeat after me I can do this" I said I know it was cheesy but it works for me. "I can do this" Willow said, rolling her eyes but she was smiling so my attempt at flirting had somehow managed to work, kind of. "You're gonna kick Grom's ass so hard it won't know what hit..it? I think" this made her laugh and her laugh made me blush. "Come on, we got some training to do".

After school I called Gus over to help Willow train for Grom. "Ok illusions master time to show your skills" Gus said to himself cracking his knuckles, he traced a circle in the air as Willow took a fighting stance. Luz had let us train at the owl house and King had his fair share of entertainment without stealing Luz's rectangular box thing. "So,Willow, what is your biggest fear ?"Gus asked, three illusions of him appeared out of thin air, all shooting questioning looks at Willow.She pondered for a second then said "that Boscha is right and I am half-a-witch !" she responded, looking at her hands with glassy green eyes.Gus nodded twirled his finger a blue circle followed its path.Then Boscha appeared with that same old snarky laugh.

"I can't believe Amity, she's so kind she patched up things with you !" she giggled. "Really I can't believe it, I mean look at you" she laughed again throwing an 'look at this guys' hand at Willow. "Your mom had every right to leave with a child who can't even do magic, a late bloomer if you will," the illusion sighed. Wait, Willow had a mother. I thought she just had two dads ?.But I didn't say anything. Willow had a green circle around each wrist, vines digging out of the ground.She didn't say anything, just sent a vine hurdling in the direction of the illusion.It blew up into a tiny cloud of blue dust she walked away not looking at anyone. I ran over to Gus, "What was that about ?Did you know about that ?" I asked, my voice filled with panic. "I couldn't control what the illusion was doing !?" he said, looking at his hands in confusion and horror. "Maybe you're more powerful than you thought" I said looking back at Willow as she walked away. I hoped we helped a bit.

No one's POV

Willow slipped into her dress she'd be using to fight Grom.She looked in the mirror in the girls change room, thinking about what was about to do, this whole thing was still so unreal. "Will Grom royalty make their way down to the gymnasium" the P.A called out. Willow inhaled sharply as she walked over to the gym.But she was stopped by Hunter in the hallway. "You got this, and maybe.." he trailed off his face going pink.He pulled out sunflowers from behind his back, with a note tucked in. "You'd go to Grom with me ?" he asked hopefully.Willow stood in shock and Hunter took this the wrong way. "No it's fine just forget it-" just then Willow placed a soft peck on his cheek." "I'd love to be your date to Grom Hunter" she responded. Hunter nodded as she walked away, his face crimson . "I'll find you later !" he called out to her. "Ok I'll be waiting !" she said happily.She almost forgot that she had to fight Grom. She walked into the gym, her head held high. "Please welcome this year's Grom queen..... WILLOW PARK !"

part two will be out asap ! hoped you enjoyed also I head cannon Willow had a mom who left when she was like three.BYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEE