Confessions

Yasmina was glad she could run again. She'd done it on rare occasions on Nublar, but it had now been two weeks since they left that place. And in her time on Mantah Corp. island, she hadn't had much of a chance until now. But, with the limited number of threats at the moment, she figured this morning would be perfect for it. It also got her mind going. She eventually found herself back at the watering hole, leap frogging the crouched figure of Ben.

"You okay, Fadoula?" the boy asked. She panted, letting the oxygen collect inside her. She then laughed.

"S-seriously, are you ok?"

"I forgot how good it feels to run. I mean, really run," she gushed. "For fun, and not because something is chasing us."

She lay back besides Angel and Rebel, hands behind her leg, one leg crossed over the other. Running also gave her confidence. And that was something she really needed.

"Can't say I can relate, but I'm glad you had a good time," she heard Ben say. Yasmina laughed joyously.

"Better than good. Being out there gave me the space to think."

She then sat up. All the confidence in the world. All the undying optimism in the world.

"I'm gonna do it, Ben. I'm gonna tell Sammy how I feel."

"Yes! Yes! Yes! Oh, I'm so happy for you!" Ben exclaimed. "How? When?"

Yaz faltered. She rubbed Rebel's snout.

"No idea. I'll just... I'll do it when the time is right, you know?"

There were grunts heard in the near distance. Ben peeked over Rebel's sail, spotting Sammy dragging some meat.

"Well, how about now?"

Yasmina looked from Sammy to Ben. She nodded, and they approached Sammy, who had taken cover as the Eaties feasted on the breakfast She'd left them.

A few feet behind Sammy, Yasmina stopped. Her nerves slowly creeping back in. Ben placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. The nerves retreated. With something of a deep breath, Yaz stepped towards Sammy.

"Hey, Sammy?"

The girl turned slightly to meet Yaz's gaze. But before Yaz could say anything more, one of the Eaties let out a roar. The two tyrant lizards split the last slab of raw meat between them, which resulted in Yasmina and Sammy getting a few small chunks of flesh on them. Sammy couldn't help but chuckle.

"Looks like Little Eatie needs to work on her table manners."

"Uh, what do you mean? I put that there on purpose," Yaz joked. It was formal a great joke. But still, Sammy laughed.

"Hey, Sammy..." Yasmina muttered, her voice softening. Just then, Ben could be heard calling out to Brooklynn and Darius, interrupting Yasmina again.

"Fancy seeing you here!" Ben exclaimed in an exaggerated manner.

"At the meetup spot?" Darius questioned. "Yeah, who saw that coming?"

"Hey, guys," Sammy greeted the trio, getting up and walking over. Yasmina looked down ruefully. She'd get her chance. But... would her confidence last for that long?

"Any luck?" Sammy asked.

"Yup. I managed to set up a drone to patrol the perimiter of the island," Brooklynn announced. "Now we'll get an alert as soon as the Kons return."

"Nice," Sammy complimented. She then felt Yasmina step beside her. So, she wrapped an arm around the other girl's shoulder. "And we made sure all the dinos had somethin' to eat so they won't go after each other. We did that. I don't mean to brag."