26 - The OGs -

[Edgar POV]

What did I just do. Did I actually kill Janet? I glanced at the body of her lying in my arms. No no no no no. This can't be. Colette. She must hate me. I whipped around and found Colette staring wide eyed at me and the dagger in my hand.

The crowd's coming. I picked up Janet's body and Colette and urged my scarf to fly us to Fang's house. "Shoot them down!" Someone yelled. I heard sounds of guns and I flinched as a bullet flew past my head and legs. I turned and threw the dagger with all my might, sending it into the crowd.

"F*ck you!" I yelled before ditching them.

I heard soft sniffles from below. From Colette. "E-Edgar... why? How could you kill her??" She gasped, avoiding my glance.

"She deserved it." I said simply before my scarf made a landing. I knocked on the door and sighed as I waited for Fang to arrive. I glanced at the rising moon in the sky and thought to myself. Was killing Janet right? Or was it out of anger. 

"Edgar? Colette? Wh-" Fang gasped as he saw Janet's body. Then he smirked. What the hell? "You killed her. At last."

"F-Fang! H-how could you say that!" Colette yelled, her tearstained face glistening in the moonlight.

"She deserved to die after everything she did. If it weren't for her, Edgar wouldn't be wincing in pain at every quick movement, and you wouldn't flinch when you saw a knife." Fang was right. That was all true.

"FANG!" Colette yelled, charging at him, barreling him over. Fang chuckled and said to me.

"Burn Janet's body up for me, will you?" I nodded.

H-how many crimes have I committed today? Do I have to burn her body too? Why can't I just stab it repeatedly until her-

"Shut up Edgar, you're going crazy." I told myself. I'll just chuck her in the trash of our neighbours house. I dumped the body in and sighed in relief. What now? I walked back into Fang's house and walked upstairs to comfort the crying Colette. "Colette." I whispered.

"J-Janet. You killed her."

I sighed, not mentally able to deal with her right now. "You'll feel better tomorrow, I'm going to sleep" I crawled under the blankets, not caring if there were streaks of blood on me.

I shut my eyes and squished out any remaining guilt about what I had done.

[Next Morning]

My eyes opened as bright sunlight flashed into my eyes. Colette's face was wet and sticky. Her hair stuck to her forehead in dreads and her eyes puffy from crying. I frowned. I'll let her sleep a bit longer before I take her out to clear her mind.

I soon figured that it was only six in the morning, Fang was not in his room, probably out training for brawling. Brawling! I forgot about that. I grabbed some bread devoured it hungrily before heading up again to find Colette.

My scarf tugged my back and I swatted it away. That usually pisses the scarf off. I thought. That's weird. I walked back into the room and found a huge lump under the blankets. I smiled. That's Colette. 

"Hey...? Colette?" The lump shuffled and turned.

"Edgar? Oh. Hi." Colette said unenergetically.

"I umm... was wondering whether you'd walk around with me before work starts." Colette stared at me before nodding.

"Of course Edgar. I'd love to. Just give me a moment to change- oh." Colette looked down and saw herself in a pink dress from yesterday. "It's fine I guess." She stood up and walked to me, stretching and yawning.

After getting out of the house, I took Colette back to the park where I killed Janet. I sighed as Colette sucked in a breath. There were still small traces of blood on the green grass.

"Is there-"

"I'm SO much better than you!"

"Uh huh? Really? Then why have you lost every time we battled?"

"Because I'm going easy on my girlfriend! Duh!"

"You don't NEED to go easy on me."

A couple, probably, the man having ridiculously styled red hair and the female having purple hair with a band-aid on her cheek. Colette gasped. Judging by that, they were probably brawlers.

"Of COURSE I need to go easy on you, I can't AFFORD to lose you!" The male said flirtatiously. The woman gasped and burst into tears of happiness, grabbing the male and pulling him into a kiss.

I blushed and turned away, feeling a bit awkward as they did it right before us. The girl glanced up and she almost pushed the man away. "Haha! Y-you saw n-nothing!" The man grabbed her protectively and gave me a smirk.

"I'm Colt, and she's Shelly. We call ourselves the OGs." Colt said, embracing Shelly for yet another kiss.

"He came running up to me when we first met begging for a relationship." Shelly said with a dramatic wave.

"Welp, you've gotta admit you also liked me!" Shelly blushed hard and gave him a good smack on the cheek.

"Oh. Colette, you want our... signature?" Colette nodded frantically whipping out her book and giving them a pen.

"THANK YOU SO MUCH!"

"You're welcome!" They said in sync. Colt winked to Shelly who turned red again. "Oh. And Edgar." Colt said, giving me a glare. I flinched.

"Y-yes?" I stuttered.

Colt leaned in. "I'm going to talk to Edgar alone. You've got to stay here, Shelly. And you, come." I flinched yet again as I followed Colt to a darker area of the park.

"What do you want?" I said sternly, my scarf remaining still.

"I heard about what happened last night." I froze. "The rumours have spread faster than you killed Janet."

"And? Your point?"

"I don't even want you touching Shelly. Move even her smelly band-aid and you bet I'll kill you." Colt stalked off leaving me stunned.

The love between them. What about Colette and I? I should have been this protective to Colette.