promise ring - tartaglia.

(Female, she/her)﹒⪩⪨﹒

(Female, she/her)
﹒⪩⪨﹒
.

As the day went on, the moon finally rose. The orange sky has turned pitch black. Only the dim moonlight shines bright. Illuminating through the creek and trees.

"Alright, let's wrap this all up. Nice work everyone. Rest well" the 11th fatal harbinger said with a wide smile on his face. "Yes, my lord" the other agents replied as they scatter the place, going back to their resting place.

"(Name), wait up!" The ginger walked closer to the female figure with (h/c) hair who turned around to face him. "Yes, my lord?" She asked with a cold and respectful tone. The ginger chuckled at her response. "Why are you so uptight all the time?" As he reaches for something in his pocket.

"I'm always like this, my lord" the woman simply responds. Her usual cold attitude makes the male chuckle. "Of course you are, and that reminds me!" He remembered something as he reached for her hand. Gently touching it he put a golden ring with (f/c) gems, and he wrapped them on her point finger.

The female was surprised by his sudden affection. "For you. I saw a ring store near the harbor. This ring reminds me of you" he reasoned followed by a soft chuckle. His face was tinted with redness as his lips curled into a soft and genuine smile. "Take it as a promise ring, (name). For the two of us"

The female can't help but let her heart melt as her palms intertwine with his. A hint of red glowed on her cheeks. Before snapping back to reality. "My lord, thank you for this wonderful and thoughtful gift" he smiled at her words. "But, I'm afraid I can't take this." His smile faded a little. "We're just co-workers, My lord. Nothing more and nothing less."

She reached for the ring and took it out of her fingers. She handed the promise ring back to him. She broke their intertwined hands, turned back, and walked away. She could feel his smile faded with every step she took.

'why do I have to leave? Is this even the right way to do it? Why am I starting to regret it' her heart spoke as it drowned in regret. She stopped her steps. 'I don't want to regret anything anymore'. She turned around to face him as she approached him once more.

He was admiring the ring as his smile faded into an emotionless expression. When he saw her approaching him, his face lit up. She stops her steps, only a few centimeters away from him.

She opened her mouth to say something, but then greeted by soft and gentle lips. Her lips intertwined with his. She closes her eyes. Feeling the gentle kiss. She wraps her arms around his neck, as he warps his hands on her waist.

The two were drowned in love and pleasure. Two broken souls against the world, giving each other warm embraces. Forgetting about the cold and heartless world.

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆