Chaper Five: Amethyst Light And Fright

Tempest:

The ship docked at the port. And with Kyia's shadowing existence always following me around off the ship, I headed into the market. I occasionally saw Izak, the ship's cook, grabbing fresh supplies or some of the other crew members but I was mainly left alone.

I wandered around, to and fro. Aimlessly passing through the markets of the village as they offered up their goods for trade. I thought of even buying something for my parents. They loved it when I brought things back for them from where I went on my travels.

The villagers here had nothing much to offer. Their houses were made out of rough rock and limestone, barely any bricks or actual cut building blocks of stone were seen within the builds. The masons had a lot of materials to work with since the mine was only a few kilometers away, in the mountains. But they preferred to sell their fortunes to keep the town aloft so the mine would not sink into abandonment and neglect.

A few stalls I passed offered beautifully hand crafted knifes and other utensils. Another few showcased their work by displaying crafted rugs out of animal hide or sheep's wool. They even had winter clothing ready for sale.

I skirted around the crowd of the market and continued along the now outskirts of the village. The Sorvoni mountain, the biggest mountain out of the mountain range, casting its colossal shadow over the town on the golden haze of the beginning sunset

There were likely to be hunter's lodges, separated from the town because of the meat and or the stench it possessed.

I might be able to purchase a ring or a necklace of some sort. Mother loved jewelry. Especially if it came from me and my travels.

My amythest pendant around my neck started glowing. Soon the light became so bright villagers started to take notice. I rushed into an alleyway and flattened myself against the wall; in an instant Kyia was by my side trying to figure out what was wrong.

"What's." I removed my cupped hands from covering my pendant, "H-How is it glowing?" she asked.

"I-I don't know. It just started, but I feel like I need to find something. There's this urge that I can't describe to find something and it's around here." I babbled.

"Tempest, no. You know what your mother would do to me if you didn't come back in three days! I swore I would protect you, even from your handpicked crew! But thanks to you, you also gave me a home and a place where I feel welcomed and also my skills are not just something to be mocked by!" she spilled.

"Okay. Okay; we'll head back to the ship and then see what my mother says." I sighed.

Tucking the pendant back into my clothes I tried to hide the glow with my only free hand that Kyia wasn't using to drag me along with, cupping it over my chest.

We snuck back into the horde of people. We stumbled through the crowd as Kyia kept her guard up and stayed incredibly close to me in the fray of people as we were tossed around. We only stopped at the docks when a dock guard stopped us from proceeding.

"Halt! This ship is Toran and is unloading valuable supplies, you'll have to come back afterwards." A boy, that could have been no older than fifteen ordered as we approached.

"Annika! I know what you're thinking now's no-" Kyia started.

"That's my ship. Move aside now!" I stated.

I dragged Kyia towards the gangplank.

"H-hey! You can't go past." he said, stepping in front of me. "You must present your papers as proof!"

"Not only am I the captain of that ship, but I am also the daughter of the Toran Queen. Her Royal Majesty, the Crown Princess of Toca, Tempest Rose Annika Angevin. And I order you to let me past! So, if you don't move right now, I will personally put you on your arse in the water!" I responded.

"Surely." he scoffed.

Kyia drew her sword and readied to attack but with one swift thrust of my right hand a over my head in a downwards arc a powerful gust of wind summoned, and the boy flew into the water.

Kyia froze, mid attack. Her head creepily turned to me before the rest of her body. Her honey eyes were wide and a startled, astonished expression was plastered on her face.

"Temp- did you just do that? You know what, nevermind. We need to get you onto your ship!" Kyia shouted.

She sheathed her sword and grabbed me by the arm as we ran onto the top deck then shoved me through the doors to below deck. When we reached my cabin, she bolted the door shut with a slam and rested against it waiting for an answer.

"What?" I mumbled.

"What? That's all you're going to say! After blasting a guy off the wharf! You summoned the wind! The wind! Tempest! Tempest Rose Annika Angevin! You are going to tell me right now, how you summoned the wind and propelled that guy off the pier. Or I tell your parents!" she threatened, to which wasn't going to do much.

"They already know." I sighed, seeing the look on her face turn to even more complete confusion.

"When I was ten father took me out on one of the ships himself because like him, I had an affinity for the boats out on the open ocean you'd see from the castle. Or so we thought. We took one of the heavy old Navy ships that was no longer use to the Navy, hoping to get just out of the harbor and to Rosin cove. But the winds didn't favor us that day."

I continued.

"The breeze wasn't even enough to get a small sailboat moving; so, like every ten-year-old would do I failed my arms around and thrusted them at the main sails." I chuckled, "You should have seen the look on Fathers' face when we started moving every time I summoned wind into the sails. Eventually when we got home. Mother didn't believe him and thought we'd spent too much time out in the sun."

"She didn't believe us. Until I summoned the wind right in front of her in my chamber, knocking the crown of her head. Ever since they've told me to keep this gift hidden, even from you." I finalised.