3

.
.
.

5:59 pm. Almost 6.
He must hurry. He looks at the bag of snacks on his hand and takes a deep breath.

Nanon passes the familiar line of shops and buildings. It's a long walk but he enjoys it. It is nostalgic. He smiles at Old Lady Marina, the shopkeeper who sold him free snacks when he was small and takes a quick chat. He passes the 'Sweet' bakery and turns left. There are stairs. He heads downstairs remembering the route like he lived there. At the end of the stairs, there's a corridor; and at the end of the corridor, there's a door. Nanon smiles.

He reaches the door and uses his fingerprint on the sensor.
The door opens revealing computers and screens of every size imaginable.

"What brings you here?", a lazy voice says.

Nanon smiles at the voice.
"It's been a long time, mate. How are you?"

The other person sighs.
"You suck, you don't show up often but once you know you need me, you come running down my stairs like it's your own."

"Look, I admit I don't visit often, but work's been hectic. And I need your help right now, Chimon."

"Yeah yeah, shoot!"

"Can you do a background check on Mrs. Molly and Mr. Casio real quick?"

Chimon sighs but starts searching through his computers anyway. " What do you need from those who are dead?"

"Just let me know if they were Skilled."

"Give me a minute."

Nanon nods. He looks at his best friend, Chimon. He's thin, but really beautiful.
He has grown thinner. He needs to make time anyhow and visit him often. Chimon has always been a fashion addict. And his current outfit speaks that matter loud.

"Both of them were Skilled

"Both of them were Skilled. There were rumours saying that both of them were dating. Mrs. Molly was the leader of a group of Skilled ladies. And Mr. Casio ran a secret Skilled team of five. That's all you need, right? Now shoo!", Chimon says lazily.

"Heyyy! I'm your best friend, at least don't shoo me away! See, I bought you snacks. As a compensation for being an ass.", Nanon says raising a bag of Chimon's favourite snacks.

"Umm, thanks. Just... visit often, yeah?", Chimon says and turns away busying himself with his computers.

Nanon smiles. "Sure and thanks." He keeps the snacks on the chair and leaves. He misses the old times with Chimon.

He knows that it's hard for Chimon to live alone now that he's in GMMI. He has to find some free time for his mate.

But as of now, he's thankful for having a powerful hacker by his side. He has now found everything he wants to know. Maybe he's got the wrong notion, but it makes sense, atleast to him.