Chapter 28

[JENNIE's POV]

I'm doing my makeup when I heard my phone ringing. I answer it without looking at the caller ID.

"Hi babe, I'm outside your house. I just wanna ask you a simple dinner date tonight, can we?" Eunwoo says in the other line.

He's what?! Outside? Asking a dinner date? But I have a dinner with ChaeSoo.

"Uhm... Why you didn't tell beforehand that you're going here?"

"Wrong timing? Are you busy?" He hesitant to ask.

"Actually I have a dinner with Jisoo and Chaeyoung"

"Oh that's great! I can join you guys. It's like a double date, so you wouldn't be their third wheel" He says excitedly.

Do I have a choice? He's already here. And I feel bad rejecting him.

"Okay" I answered shortly.

"Yes! I'll wait for you here"

After I hanged my phone up, I video call the couple and in just a second they both answered.

"Hey Jen, you ready?" Chaeng still doing her makeup.

"Oh Jendeuk?" Jisoo was driving.

"Uhm guys. Eunwoo's here. He went here without telling me, and was asking me out but I told him I have a dinner with the two of you. But he wants to join saying it will be a double date"

"You called to ask our permission? Don't you?" Jisoo ask.

"Can he join? I just feel bad turning him down" I said honestly.

"You can invite him, since he's already there. So you don't look like a third wheel to us" says Chaeyoung.

"Okay thank you" I then end the call.

Not long after, the couple came. I already waited for them outside my house with Eunwoo, so when I saw her I immediately asked her to where I'm going to treat them. And to my surprise it is at 2ins Resto. Not that I don't like the food there, I just feel ashamed around Lisa after knowing half of her past stories. Even though we haven't talked about the two of us, I already feel that I am the one to blame for our breakup, after I found out half of her life-story.

"Order all you can, it's on me" Eunwoo stated.

"I'm the one who will pay for this dinner. I owed something on Chaeyoung that's why I asked them this" I said to Eunwoo.

"Is that so. But can I at least pay the half?" I shakes my head.

"Oh what a pleasant customers I have. A double date, nice!" Lisa popped out of nowhere.

"If you want, you can call your wife. There are still two vacant seats. A triple date would be nicer" Eunwoo says.

"But you have to ask permission first to the owner, but I don't think your boss will allow you to leave your work" He adds.

Here we go again with these two kids.

"That's an easy task. Even if I kick you out of here, the owner would mind. She will even be happy. By the way, enjoy your dinner girls" Lisa then leave us.

"Bam, serve the three girls a free dessert" I heard Lisa said.

"What about the guy?" Bam asked.

"Extra water will do" She then finally disappeared from our sights.

Eunwoo drinks his water after he mumbled "Arrogant woman"

"Just don't mess with her. She might do what she said" Chaeyoung says.

"I can't stand her arrogance. And she has no right to kick me out of here, she's just working here not an owner" I know Eunwoo is mad right now but he keeps his cool.

"Actually she has a very right to shoo rude customers, cause she's the owner" my gaze went to Chaeng when I heard the last words.

"What?! She own this restaurant?" Eunwoo asked unbelief.

"Anyway, Bambam mentioned you had a date with Jennie at LMC resto. Do you know who cooked your meal that night?" Chaeng question him.

"Of course the head chef, Marco Brüschweiler. I rented the whole rooftop place and requested for chef Marco" He confidentially answer.

"Uncle Marco wasn't feeling well that time. So his assistant chef Bambam was the one who got assigned, however, Lisa owed something on him so he assigned Lisa to cook your meals"

"Chef Marco is your uncle? And what, Lisa was the one who cooked for us?"

"Yes and yes. And to tell you one fact, Uncle Marco is Lisa's father"

Eunwoo did not respond anymore just continue to eat, he was surprised by the newfound information, as was I.

We ate in silence with only the noise coming from our utensils and people around us being heard.

Until we've done eating that's when Chaeyoung started to talk.

"Thank you Jen for the treat. I've been going back and forth to eat here several times, not because the owner is my best friend but because I love the food here. But tonight is different, I just lost my appetite, I felt like I regretted agreeing to have him join us" Chaeng whispered the last sentence, making sure only I could hear.

"Next time, I'll treat you again but just the three of us"

"That's a promise?"

"I promise"

After Chaeyoung bid goodbyes to Lisa and her crews, Jisoo immediately drove her home.

Eunwoo walked me home and immediately went home too so that I could rest. I really appreciate him for that part, cause mostly he insists to stay in an hour so we can have more time together.

* * *
Short update para sa mga heartbroken JL ship diyan.

Ang sakit pero kakapit parin😭💔
💛💙