Poison Dart

As he stared at the last scene about his story in the cursed library of lost loves & tragic love, tears dribbled down his cheeks. The page featured an image of his lover carrying him in her arms, while his blood was dripping and staining her dusty white shirt with crimson red droplets. The girl was sobbing because of the poisoned dart that had been shot into his chest. "I love you," she cried, while pulling him closer to her with her arms. "I would do anything ... anything ... to save you ..." she sobbed. "I ..." the boy began. But he was losing blood too fast, and the poison in the dart was too strong. The girl panicked seeing her lover go weak so fast. Her face scrunched up in pain and she cried harder. Suddenly, her face shifted and she wiped away her tears using her bloodstained sleeve. "Wait-" she said. "There's something I can do." 

Her dim gray eyes lit up as if someone had struck a flame on a match. Lovestruck and staring into the eyes of the boy she loved, she muttered some strange words the boy did not understand. Her voice was hissing as if she had a serpent's tongue, but whatever she was doing was working. The purple poisoned stopped mixing in the boys' veins, his wounds started closing, and his vision started returning. But the girl paled, her eyes rolled back, and cracks began forming all over her skin. He was saved but she was now gone. 

"The End." marked the last line. "Maybe the best love stories always do end in tragedy," he whispered with a sad smile. A strong gust of wind blew the story pages shut. 

~~~

CREDIT FOR INSPIRATION: Instagram creator skyereadss's book prompt: A cursed library that contains the stories of lost loves and tragedies, and a lonely soul that discovers a book with their name on it and their own tragedy written within its pages.  

~~~

Thanks for reading!! If you would like to see an idea come to life or have any suggestions then please let me know in the comments!