20 | a night to remember

CHAPTER TWENTY:
A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

CHAPTER TWENTY:A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

"It's rude to stare Mr. Mikaelson."

    ROMEO AND JULIET MET AT A
party. A simple party that would change the lives of everyone in attendance, no one's for the better. It was a widely known fact that the play was a tragedy. Some would argue that it was enemies to lovers considering the Montagues and Capulets loathed each other to the brink of war but neither Romeo nor Juliet ever hated each other, in fact, it was love at first sight.

It was sad that all the critics could agree on, which made the whole play beautiful and of course it was tragic.

Romeo was never meant to be at the party, he and his friends snuck in wearing disguises and he never planned on meeting Juliet, it made his heart jump out of his chest when he saw her across the dance floor.

Cassandra Parker was invited to a ball, the Mikaelson ball, per Elijah. Well, Rebekah delivered the invitation but it was Elijah who wrote a note on the back asking for her presence. She was almost hesitant to go, Esther was among the living once more which only meant she could kill Cassie with a wave of her hand now, but the noble Original has assured her the witch wanted peace, a fresh start with her family.

Cassie would have called bullshit but Rebekah was right next to her and she would have snapped at her for cursing her mother.

Besides, this was a ball. Cassie had been begging the council for one ever since she discovered they have their meetings at the Mayor's house, it's why she befriended Tyler Lockwood in the first place. Despite the attempted murder it had been Cassie's dream to attend a ball so she would not miss out on the opportunity.

She had not spoken to Elena all day, Cassie had a brief conversation with Damon in the kitchen this morning only to find out that the doppelgänger had called the Salvatore brothers round to her house to discuss what Elijah had told her — Cassie didn't even know that Rebekah had tried to attack her. Things have been...iffy between the best friends since the blonde discovered that Elena and Damon kissed, again. The first time Cassie could kinda understand, he was dying and Elena was kind enough to make him die a happy man. But it wouldn't have happened twice unless it meant something.

She was sure all members of the Gilbert-Salvatore love triangle would be at the ball so she would speak to her friend then.

But before that, Cassie searched high and low for the perfect dress. It was Mystic Falls, of course there was a store for ball gowns. She chose a floor length, baby blue satin gown with ribbon lacing for the back.

"What do you think?" Cassie asked, spinning around in the centre of her bedroom to show off her final look.

Bonnie squinted from her place on Cassie's bed, "I think it's missing something." She unclasped her hand to reveal a necklace laying in her palm.