III

During lunchtime, the group gathered around their usual table in the bustling cafeteria, their voices lowered as they recounted the events of the previous night.

"That was too close for comfort," Aishlynn remarked, her voice tinged with relief as she recalled the tense moments they had faced in the phantom realm.

Logan nodded in agreement, his eyes reflecting the gravity of their situation. "We need to be more careful next time," he added, his tone serious.

Taylor and Tyler exchanged a knowing glance, their bond stronger than ever after their shared ordeal. "We'll watch each other's backs," Taylor promised, her voice unwavering.

Tyler nodded in agreement, his expression determined. "We've got each other's backs, no matter what," he declared, his eyes shining with fierce determination.

Aiden smiled at his friends, a sense of camaraderie filling the air. "We make a pretty good team," he remarked, his voice filled with pride.

Ben tapped away on his phone, his expression thoughtful as he processed the events of the previous night. Though he couldn't speak, his presence spoke volumes, a silent reminder of their shared experiences and the bond that held them together.

As they finished their lunch and prepared to face the rest of the day, the group knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, they would face them together, their spirits unbroken and their resolve unwavering. For in the end, it was their friendship that would see them through, shining like a beacon of hope in the darkness of the unknown.

As the lunch period progressed, a tense atmosphere settled over the cafeteria. Logan's eyes narrowed as he caught sight of Barron, making his way toward their table.

Barron's sneer was unmistakable as he approached, his eyes gleaming with malice. "Well, well, if it isn't the little rat," he taunted, his voice dripping with disdain.

Logan clenched his fists, his temper flaring at Barron's words. But before he could respond, Barron reached out and shoved him, a cruel smirk playing on his lips.

"That's enough, Barron," Ashlynn interjected, her voice sharp with authority. "Leave him alone."

But Barron only laughed, his gaze fixed on Logan with undisguised contempt. "Or what, Banner?" he sneered, his tone mocking. "You gonna fight me?"

Without hesitation, Logan launched himself at Barron, his fist connecting with his tormentor's jaw with a satisfying thud. The cafeteria erupted into chaos as students gasped and shouted, their voices a cacophony of surprise and excitement.

As Barron stumbled back, clutching his jaw in pain, Logan stood tall, his eyes blazing with defiance. "I'm done being your punching bag," he declared, his voice steady despite the adrenaline coursing through his veins.

Ashlynn stepped forward, her expression a mixture of pride and concern. "Logan, we need to go," she urged, her voice urgent.

With one final glare at Barron, Logan followed Ashlynn out of the cafeteria, his heart pounding with a mixture of fear and exhilaration. Though he knew there would be consequences for his actions, he also knew that he had taken a stand against his tormentor, reclaiming his dignity and self-respect in the process.

And as they made their way down the empty hallway, Logan couldn't help but feel a sense of satisfaction knowing that he had finally stood up for himself, no longer willing to be defined by the shadows of his past.

Time skip: Ashlyn's house/room

As Ashlynn laid out their plan for survival, Taylor interjected with a hint of optimism. "The only good thing is when Logan's watch beeps, it means we can get teleported to the human realm."