Chapter 9

"Yuder! Yuder! Wait a moment."

Yuder halted at her call, just as he was about to escape the tedious reading and writing class.

In the world before Yuder died, Kanna was one of the few who had adapted better to the current Cavalry unit than anyone else, even though she hadn't been part of it.

It was no ordinary feat to maintain a somewhat friendly relationship with everyone among the Cavalry unit members, who were diverse in terms of social status, age, gender, and even their places of origin.

Despite not having exceptional physical abilities in exchange for her special powers, the fact that she never complained during the grueling training was enough to win the affection of many.

As if her tense and rigid expression when they first met was a lie, Kanna as a member of the Cavalry unit was praised for being sociable and competent.

Kanna never forgot her gratitude towards Yuder, who had helped her pass the entrance exam for the Cavalry unit. Although they hardly had a chance to meet due to the different training schedules, they always exchanged warm greetings whenever they crossed paths.

Thanks to Kanna and Gakane spreading stories about Yuder's advice on the Cavalry unit test as if it were a mysterious experience, Yuder received much more friendly attention from his colleagues than before.

It was a strange experience for him, who used to be alone among the Awakeners with the same power, as he was considered to be quiet and unlucky.

"Phew. It's so difficult to catch a glimpse of your face."

Kanna, who had called Yuder, panted with a smile.

"What's the matter?"

"Oh, nothing much. I was just wondering if it's true that you haven't chosen your division yet."

Yuder looked into Kanna's blue eyes and nodded slightly.

"It's true."

"Is there any reason? The Commander was curious about it."

At those words, Yuder paused for a moment.

"The Commander?"

Why was Kishiar La Orr's name mentioned here? Yuder's face, which tilted its head and asked back, had subtle emotions that Kanna could hardly perceive.

"I went to the Commander's office earlier with Jodie to report on our division selections. He asked if I had any idea which division you might choose."

"..."

"I actually thought you would've chosen your course on the first day. Do you have any concerns? If you need advice, you can tell me anything. I'm confident in reading information, so if you need help, I'll do it for free."

Kanna occasionally used her ability to help her fellow unit members. Her ability to read the information of objects was surprisingly helpful to many people.

It was like fortune-telling, helping people find what they had forgotten or making them realize things they didn't know themselves.

It was only natural that many people wanted to see it for themselves, even if they had to pay for it. Everything was just as Yuder had expected.

"No, I'm fine."

However, Yuder had no reason to ask for her help. Not yet, anyway.

For him, the most important thing right now was not to lose the valuable human resources he had once forgotten and passed by.

'However... that man's intentions do bother me....'

Yuder hesitated for a moment before opening his mouth towards Kanna.