Busride

A large bus was on the move on the empty highway. It used to be a highway that was used a lot, but since there were almost no humans left, there was no car to be seen. The bus was being taken by the five Survivors of Heart and the nine members of the Straw Hat Group.

The Straw Hat Group was formed by Monkey D. Luffy and existed of him, Roronoa Zoro, Nico Robin, Nami, Sanji, Tony Tony Chopper, Usopp, Brook and Franky. The Survivors of Heart existed of Trafalgar Law, the leader, Jean Bart, Penguin and Sachi.

They were headed to a certain city named Amazon Lily. Luffy had suggested to ask the leader of the Kuja Group, who was inhabiting Amazon Lily, if she was intrested in joining the rebellion. It would be a good ally to have when they would go to Dressrosa to face the Donquixote Group.

The one driving the bus was Franky. He was also the one who was able to get the bus to work. After all it hadn't been used in a while and had become quite rusty. Luckily he knew what to do and how to drive the thing.

Franky used to be a normal human just like everyone, but he had been bitten in his arms by an infected animal. He had decided to amputate his arms rather than getting infected by the virus intirely. Franky therefor chose to get mechanical arms instead.

Now, Franky was a cyborg. And weirdly enough, he wasn't powered by oil but by cola. The mechanical body of Franky used the sugar in the cola and burned it to get energy. For some strange reason, that had some effects on his blue hair as well.

"Say, Luffy?" Nami spoke up from her seat next to Franky. She was good with maps and knew the way they had to drive which was why she was sitting next to the driver, to give him directions. "Yes?" Luffy said. "Does this woman have any powers?" the orange haired woman asked.

The powers Nami was referring to was a side effect of the small concentration of the virus some of the survivors had been exposed to. It gave them weird powers that sometimes came in handy. Luffy had also been exposed to a little bit of the virus and had gained rubber powers from it, which was pretty cool.

Luffy nodded. "Yeah, she does." he replied. Robin nodded as well. "I've heard the rumors, but I haven't heard what powers she has. But I guess we'll find out when we meet her." She said. Nami then concentrated on the road again, making sure they wouldn't get lost.

This particular day, the country was hit by incredible heat. Luckily the bus had airco but that had quit working about an hour ago. The group gathered inside the bus was now boiling. "I can't stand this heat." Bepo complained.

The virus had strange effects on humans that had been exposed, but also on animals. Bepo was a polar bear that, due the virus, was able to talk The same went for Tony Tony Chopper, who was a talking reindeer.

"Not quite, we'll arive in Amazon Lily around midnight." Nami replied, waving a map in front of her to cool down. "Can't we stop for a bit then, we're all melting." The long nosed Usopp suggested. Law frowned at that.

The raven haired male faced Usopp. "We can't get out here, this is aninfected area. If we were to get out, we will defiantly get infected by the virus." he explained. Law knew this because he had studied the reports of the scientists. The safe areas had been described and it also said that most highways were infected. This meant they had to keep everything closed as they drove.

They were lucky that Law had been able to see the reports, as he was a doctor. If he hadn't, they would already have died because of an infection. This was, of course, a big advantage on their side and they knew that. It was probably the only reason the Donquixote Group let him do as he pleased. They needed his knowledge.

Water got passed around the bus, along with a bit of food. They had to be careful not too use up too much as their provisions weren't too big. Of course, that seemed to be a huge problem for a certain black haired rubberman. "I'm so hungry." Luffy complained once again, not that he'll get any more food than the rest.

As it started to get later, and, finally, a bit cooler, Franky switched seat with Jean Bart so he could rest a bit. Jean Bart had slept a lot already so he was wide awake to do the rest of the way to Amazon Lily while Franky got some rest.

Also, Bepo chaged with Nami as she also needed to get some rest. It didn't take much longer for everyone, except Bepo and Jean Bart, to fall asleep. They couldn't be more than lucky that the headlights were working, else they wouldn't be able to move forward and nobody was really looking forward to getting deserted in an infected area.

When Amazon Lily was getting closer, Bepo started to wake everyone. "YOSH! Finally!" Luffy exclaimed, getting excited. He was more than sick of being stuck in a bus for that long. But then again, they obviously all were.

As the bus reached it's destination, Jean Bart parked it a bit out of sight, so nobody would steal it, and everyone got off. Luffy lead the way, which he only knew because he had been here before. They stopped in fornt of what seemed to be what used to be a hotel.

They all followed Luffy inside and they waited in the lobby. Not much later, a woman with long black hair walked over to them. She was... well developped. Sanji was staring at her with hearts in his eyes and did his best to hide his nosebleed. "Hello Luffy." she greeted with a smile and a small blush. Luffy smiled widely at her. "Hey Hancock!"